Forums

100 Revs Hosts Conference on Sexuality for Pastors and Church leaders.

Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 31, 2010, 09:17

i will be involved for some of the conference…..so will see what I can do.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
March 16, 2010, 21:48

I had the opportunity to attend part of this conference with some other freedom2b[e]rs from Sydney.

The message was loud and clear. We need to be more active and alert in our respective spaces to the needs of LGBT people in our community. The guest speakers were very inspiring in their talks, and the opportunity to chat with them personally was an experience I’ll not soon forget. It gave me a sense of magnitude, if you like, of the various issues that are evident in churches. The workshops were also invaluable, and helped put things into context a bit better.

I hope that each and everyone of us that attended will return to their daily life with a sense of empowerment and knowledge about what needs to be done to improve our relationship with the LGBT community and with each other.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 17, 2010, 11:38

you can hear three of the speakers being interviewed on the ABC here http://www.abc.net.au/sundaynights/stories/s2845471.htm

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
March 17, 2010, 12:07

Hi avb

I was really amazed and encouraged when I listened to the ABC interview with the 3 pastors. It’s renewed my faith in Christian leaders, that’s for sure. I urge others to listen and hope they find it as healing as I have.

Good to have you back, avb! 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 17, 2010, 17:52

its interesting that this different conversation is having a broader impact than was possibly imagined. So far I’ve heard of these people being impacted positively.

1. Heterosexual Christians

2. gay & lesbian Christians

3. heterosexual non-believers

4. gay and lesbian non-believers

5. People who have left the church but not left their faith

6. People who have left the church and their faith.

is there anyone else I missed out on.

I am beginning to wonder if that this whole issue of homosexuality is not really about gay and lesbian people but is actually much bigger……its actually about the church and will they rise to be the kind of church Jesus intended it to be. A group of the most loving people in the world.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
March 21, 2010, 21:10

I am beginning to wonder if that this whole issue of homosexuality is not really about gay and lesbian people but is actually much bigger……its actually about the church and will they rise to be the kind of church Jesus intended it to be. A group of the most loving people in the world.

Yep, it could all be summed up with the Second Commandment by Jesus – love your (gay or straight) neighbour as you would yourself.

I think the church needs to change its entrenched heterosexism attitude towards society and embrace diversity in all of its facets. Some are beginning to do this through mixed services with ethnic groups and of course the welcoming gays and lesbians churches. Only through diversity I believe can we truely understand the extent of Gods love towards His creation.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.052 seconds.