Forums

26, male, straight yet girly, but not quite trans

Page:   1 2

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 27, 2015, 22:18

Hi again Tamid

I think you're spot on about having a "blend of masculine and feminine", though with the vast majority of people, that blend is very much one-sided. There's a psychometric test called the Bem Sex Role Inventory (BSRI), made in 1971, that is the most widely-accepted resource in psychology circles to characterise someone's personality as being masculine, feminine, androgynous, or undifferentiated (as much as a simple test can do. Always take it with a grain of salt). (I should add that "stereotypical masculine and feminine traits were found by surveying 100 Stanford undergraduate students on which traits they found to be socially desirable for each sex", which was narrowed down to 60 traits – 20 masculine, 20 feminine, and 20 androgynous – for the test, so it's very much based on gender stereotypes.) Each time I take it, though, I rank 80% on the scale of femininity, and upto 74% on the scale of androgyny. I have never got over 50% masculine, but for all the reasons mentioned in this post, it really doesn't bother me.

Thanks for this information. I am curious to find this test and take it myself. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

kinkly

Joined in 2008
March 4, 2015, 03:55

Being Trans doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing. If you can live as a girly straight man then do that. But If living as a man doesn't work for you, you may want to look into being genderqueer, intergender, androgyne or agender if you dont think you are Female enough to be a Trans Lady (just a few of the non-binary gender terms for you to google and explore) 🙂

Tamid

Joined in 2014
March 18, 2015, 15:11

Quote from Ann Maree on January 27, 2015, 10:18 pm

Thanks for this information. I am curious to find this test and take it myself. 🙂

Of course. http://garote.bdmonkeys.net/bsri.html Grain of salt, remember.

Quote from kinkly on March 4, 2015, 3:55 am

Being Trans doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing. If you can live as a girly straight man then do that. But If living as a man doesn't work for you, you may want to look into being genderqueer, intergender, androgyne or agender if you dont think you are Female enough to be a Trans Lady (just a few of the non-binary gender terms for you to google and explore) 🙂

Thanks for that. I've heard of all of those non-binary terms before, but I'm not desperate to assign myself a label, and as my late friend miss.muppet used to say, "I'm just me". 'Girly straight man' suits me just fine for now.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.057 seconds.