Forums

27 M gay - Closted church attending AOG member

Page:   1 2 3

Meyerink

Joined in 2009
November 12, 2009, 23:36

i was very mature for my age – think it was more out of nessessity then anything else. But would i exchange it for some of my childhood back?? i want to say yes, but I am happy with how my live has turned out. so i also wouldnt want to change anything.

I look at the life of joseph. he had so many ups and downs, but in the end he excelled. i very much doubt he would of made it there if he didnt go through the process.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 13, 2009, 07:52

Yeah most children that are mature beyond their years are that way because they have to be. The circumstances shape them. And it’s an interesting thing thinking about suffering after the events. As much as I wouldn’t have chosen some of the things that happened in my life, I certainly relate to what you’re saying about being grateful for the qualities gained because of them. I agree – suffering contributes a lot of positive things to our development and perceiving it that way is a gift in itself. Joseph is a great example here.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 13, 2009, 12:04

I look at the life of joseph. he had so many ups and downs, but in the end he excelled. i very much doubt he would of made it there if he didnt go through the process.

Joseph……one of my favourite stories in the Bible…….and what I’m actually speaking about this Sunday in SFO.

Joseph….the 9 trials of the dreamer

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 14, 2009, 08:35

Sounds fantastic, Avb. Love the title.

Meyerink

Joined in 2009
August 23, 2010, 22:57

So i just noticed, I’ve been on freedom2b for just over a year now, so I thought it a great chance to update my life and how freedom2b has transformed it in just a year.

Freedom2b has become an extended family in a year. I’ve marched with my friends side by side at Mardi Gras, I’ve played frisbee and football with uncoordinated people (me being one of them), but best of all I’ve connected with people that share my thoughts, ideas, and same passion to see the message of love and acceptance spread to those hurting in our world. In this year I’ve learnt that while everyone is at different places in their lives, we are also all connected as our own personal worlds interlock with those of other members. Through freedom2b i’ve reconnected with friends I had at chuch when I was much younger, and i’ve met friends of friends that I would have never had the same opportunity to connect with without freedom2b.

The most important thing i’ve leant in a year. People at freedom2b are real. they have real lives, real issues, real history, real insight and real success stories.

Every user name here on the forum is connected to a real life and person. That real life has its own unique testimony of battles and triumphs. They come from so many diverse backgrounds of employment, education and socioeconomic statuses. They all have their own story and there is a story out there on the forum that you will completely relate to. There is a very good chance that there is a user out there that has gone though something just like you are going though now. there is a whole lot of pain revealed in these stories as users reveal their soul. But the best thing is that after all this pain there is stories of healing and hope, success and victory. Lives that have come through the furnace and have been renewed and strengthened in that process. As these people share where their journey took them, they reveal fresh insight into our own lives which help us on our personal journey.

Personally, I know I wouldnt be as far along this road called life without the love and support of the people here. You are all great and I value every one of you. thank you for being there to offer your words of encouragement.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 24, 2010, 13:43

Hi hereiam

That’s so encouraging to hear. It’s profound to think that any one of our stories can have such a powerful and far reaching impact on others even though we may not realise that. Our stories of pain and triumph really do unite.

Thanks for reminding me of that.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
August 24, 2010, 21:17

but best of all I’ve connected with people that share my thoughts, ideas, and same passion to see the message of love and acceptance spread to those hurting in our world. In this year I’ve learnt that while everyone is at different places in their lives, we are also all connected as our own personal worlds interlock with those of other members. Through freedom2b i’ve reconnected with friends I had at chuch when I was much younger, and i’ve met friends of friends that I would have never had the same opportunity to connect with without freedom2b.

Every user name here on the forum is connected to a real life and person.

Yep, there’s a lota connectin’ happenen’ in this forum :bigsmile:

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 28, 2010, 01:01

aaawwww that was great hereiam……..been through several dramas lately……reading this reminded me of why we do this.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.