Forums

49yo Lesbian - no more religion, so help me God

Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 27, 2010, 21:59

I think your story reminds us again the tragic outcomes that can come from christians, churches and our own ignorance.

RaulG

Joined in 2010
October 27, 2010, 23:56

Querida Grace,

Your story breaks my heart, for it is one I have heard all too often.

Please don’t misunderstand: I am not saying that you experiences are not unique or that your pain is somehow

lessened. I am saying that the injuries inflicted upon you are ones that I have borne witness to before: the loathing, the misguided “re-education” , the terrible misuse and misinterpretation of Scripture (more often than not in the service of a political agenda), the terrible isolation, and frightening betrayal of trust which is a shame upon any community but especially upon those who claim to follow the crucified King, he who was betrayed by a kiss.

So often I have confronted my misguided brethren who harm our LGBT brothers and sisters. So often have I pointed out how they have hurt them, and so often I have shown them that the passages they use to do so do not , in fact, condemn homosexuality (http://whosoever.org/bible/) .

I have seen so many chased away from the church like this. I have seen so many become so angry at the institution that harmed them, that soon they begin to believe that God himself is the guilty party. So many are hurt so badly that the building becomes the example of the whole Body of Christ.

A tragic state of affairs and I am thankful that you lived through it and are wiser for the experience.

But know this: you are not alone. Please, if you need someone to talk to, we are all here.

….except me. If my mother is to be believed, I was never “all there” to begin with! :bigsmile:

Yours in Christ,

Raul

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
October 29, 2010, 12:24

….except me. If my mother is to be believed, I was never “all there” to begin with! :bigsmile:

Yours in Christ,

Raul

😀 😀 😀 Dearest RaulG you crack me up! :bigsmile:

graceandpeace

Joined in 2010
October 31, 2010, 14:24

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 31, 2010, 16:25

Hi graceandpeace

It’s impressive that you found a way to forgive your brother and move on. And it’s no easy task to be living with an ex as friends after the relationship has finished. That takes a lot of work.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.042 seconds.