graceandpeace

Joined in 2010
October 26, 2010, 00:35

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 26, 2010, 09:03

Hi graceandpeace

Welcome to the forum! It’s so good to have you with us. 🙂

I can’t imagine how terrible it was to go through the grief and betrayal of your partner leaving you for your brother. Not to mention the isolation of not having anyone to turn to at the time. That must have been horrific. And then later with the church trying to ‘pray away the gay’ and splitting up your relationship. How do you feel now with just being good friends and house mates with her?

After being hurt by religion so much myself, I don’t want to be religious at all.

How fantastic that you were able to receive this lesson and run with it. It seems to me that you’ve really grown from your experiences in and out of the church. It’s amazing how negative events can teach us about ourselves. Suffering can make us better people if we let it show us our own nature. I can very much relate with this. In my case, the rejection and devastation of being ex communicated, the condemnation around my divorce, feeling displaced with no religion, and later identifying as lesbian, has made me much more compassionate with others. I don’t think I would have gained that level of compassion without those dark times.

Anyway, I’m really glad you found f2b. You are definitely not alone and many people will gain from being able to relate with aspects of your story. I trust you’ll find our forum a supportive space to be.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
October 26, 2010, 19:30

Hi graceandpeace,

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I liked your subject “No more religion, so help me God.” That’s the place I think many of us come to when we finally begin to resolve the faith Vs sexuality dilemma. I think it is the place that God wants all of us, gay, straight or indifferent to reach.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
October 26, 2010, 20:07

After about a year of doing all the ‘right things’ and quoting bible verses like crazy, I continued to struggle with my thoughts, desires and attractions and finally I began to question their doctrines. I began searching for answers online and instead of finding sites about hell and punishment, this time I found sites like Freedom2b.org and I came to believe that the church’s doctrine was wrong and I stopped going. I haven’t been for about six months now. I do miss the friends I made during our 2 1/2 years there. I still believe in God and follow Jesus, and call myself a Christian, but my beliefs are are not as dogmatic and I don’t believe a whole lot of the doctrines I have been taught over the years anymore. I think of myself as a person of faith but not religious. After being hurt by religion so much myself, I don’t want to be religious at all.

Hi graceandpeace,

Thank you for sharing your amazing story with us. The above really resonates with me as I have a similar story of being involved in a fundamentalist religion for many years and struggled with my own thoughts, desires and attractions. I also started questioning the doctrines taught and since leaving that religion have had my mind wonderfully opened towards the opportunities of living a life of serving others without the doctrines and dogma.

Welcome to our/your supportive and safe community.

graceandpeace

Joined in 2010
October 26, 2010, 22:30

graceandpeace

Joined in 2010
October 26, 2010, 22:40

graceandpeace

Joined in 2010
October 26, 2010, 22:50

Hi Pierre,

Thanks so much, I’m glad you liked my story and it’s amazing that what I said resonated with you – there’s so many of us out there who have been through this kind of thing, it’s just terrible isn’t it. I want it all to stop and it makes me angry now when I hear of it happening to others, and also when I think of what I went through too.

I’m glad to hear you also challenged your church’s doctrines and have a new way of being in the world without all the doctrines/dogmas. That’s great, and I hope to be able to be of service to others myself, like that, somewhere along the way as I continue my journey.

Thanks for the welcome, and it’s so good to have somewhere to be myself and be supported and safe! :bigsmile:

October 27, 2010, 19:22

Thanks for sharing 🙂

RAAF BLOKE

Joined in 2010
October 27, 2010, 20:37

Wow, what can I say? I am so glad you posted your story. I’m staggered by what you have been through and understand how hard it must have been for you to share it.

I really hope you can stop blaming yourself for your mothers illness. That is not how God works and I pray that you will make your peace with that. It’s also encouraging to know that your ex-partner is still in your life.

It was awesome meeting you at your first Freedom2b[e]. I only wish it was earlier in the night, so we could have had a longer chat. Perhaps at the next meeting?

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 27, 2010, 21:56

well that was worth waiting for…… :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

what a journey you have been on. I think it was really important to post………there will be many more hiding in the shadows who can relate to much I’m sure.

Reading your story there was so much more that I didn’t know obviously……and so well written.

thanks….and see you soon.

I think the freedom 2 b[e] gang are pretty special as well.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.09 seconds.