Forums

A Mother's Journey 12 mths on

Page:   1 2

grebo5454

Joined in 2010
January 5, 2012, 14:23

Hi David

Big thank you to you as well for my healing. It will be better quite quick as I live by faith and my prayers are always answered.

God Bless

Helen

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 17, 2012, 17:57

Hi Helen,

How is elbow healing? Are you back at work now? All over the cabin fever of being at home? Hope it has all healed well, just have to keep taking it easy though as these things take a long time to fully strengthen again and no more falls 🙂

Look after yourself.

grebo5454

Joined in 2010
January 17, 2012, 20:02

Hi Mother Hen

Getting there slowly thank you. Turned out there were no fractures as first diagnosed but I have soft tissue and ligament damage. Still can’t straighten or bend my elbow properly but that will get better with time. Won’t be climbing up to peg up washing next week when I’m in Sydney again. Just need to be about 6 inches taller lol.

I am back to work tomorrow so am looking forward to people company again during the day as I haven't mastered the art of dog whispering yet. I won’t be lifting any boxes or doing anything stupid for a while yet (that’s why we have juniors in our office!).

We got bad news about my husband’s sister this evening. Her chemo in preparation for her bone marrow transplant did not work so no transplant and she will be coming home from Brisbane soon and she has been given 6 to 9 months. Life is just so short and you don’t know what is around the corner. As soon as I’m home in a couple of weeks, we are going to start sorting out stuff in our house and getting it on the market so we can make our move to Sydney sooner rather than later.

This was a quote from Princess_Fiona and it is soooo true. We certainly have had our share as a family over the last 12 months.

I say all this to provoke thought in whoever maybe reading this, that sometimes for whatever the reason good faith filled people do go though periods of hardship and sometimes long periods at that.

Just talked to Sam and he said you are coming to Mardi Gras……hope that is right and if so, yeah. Will be great to meet you and your hubby if he’s coming too. He said there will be 4 sets of Christian parents there that he knows of. How exciting.

Bless you my dear forum friend.

Love

Helen xxx

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 17, 2012, 20:32

Hi Helen, that sort of injury to your elbow will still take while to heal and need protection for a while yet. Good excuse to get other's to lift things for you. Are you really short? needing to stand on something to hang the clothes out does sound a bit funny. Just wear some high heeled shoes next time 🙂

So sorry to hear about your sister in law, so nasty cancer. My husband's mother died of cancer a few years ago, she was a lovely Christian lady another example of bad things happening to a good person. Takes it's toll on all the family.

Yes we are going to Mardi Gras this year, walking with our son 🙂 hubby and myself. Exciting and a bit nervous. We never thought we would be walking in the Mardi Gras, how things change hey. We are honoured to show our support for all the F2B people. That's wonderful that so many parents are showing their support and walking this year, several reasons great for their kids, shows other parents you can still love and support their child and we won't be there alone ha ha. Hubby just said that's the most important one hee hee. I'm really looking forward to meeting some more F2B people and you and your hubby. We are only there for the weekend, quick trip down. Accommodation is dearer at that time.

Get well, will be praying for you.

Anonymous73

Joined in 2012
March 23, 2012, 14:26

Helen,

You are truly an inspiration… I hope one day i can be as supportive as you!

I have just found out my son is gay, any advice? I feel like i'm grieving a death? Is that normal?

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
March 23, 2012, 14:40

Hi Anonymous73,

I think you are off to a great support, you sound like a wonderful loving supportive mum to me.

Yes grief is normal and a part of the process, we grieve for so much, a first it's like we don't know our son, then we realise he is the same person we have always loved, but we grieve for that a first. Grieve for the lost of grandchildren, daughter in law, life as we knew it, most of all I grieved for my son, grieved for what he must of gone through in his life so far. Yes concern for his future, what people will say to him, etc. As you gain a knowledge of the LGBT community and get a better understanding of your son being gay, how he could be born that way then it all helps to alleviate your concerns.

Read the stories on this site, you will see what an amazing bunch of people everyone is, how courageous, and amazing they all are.

You will be ok 🙂 you just might not feel that way at the moment, it does get better. Give yourself the time to grieve.. whatever you feel is ok.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.059 seconds.