Forums

Adelaide Catholic Christian Guy

Page:   1 2

mampatwh

Joined in 2009
February 16, 2010, 23:07

Hi there. I just found out about this website since last year when a friend of mine from Sydney told me about it. I got a chance to go to Melbourne and march with the group down there which was a great experience for me.

I am trying to tee up with ppl here in Adelaide who would like to meet up to share about the Christian faith. I miss attending praise and worship. The atmosphere here in the Catholic church is so different back home in Malaysia. If there is anyone here in Adelaide I would like to catch up.

I also miss having a bible sharing meets as well. I can be contacted here

Peace, Blessing and Joy

Patrick.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 17, 2010, 05:49

Hi Patrick

It was lovely having you march with us. 🙂

And welcome to the site!! I hope you find local people to meet up with.

Oh and you might want to take your email and mobile away from this post to avoid spam and/or other problems. I can ask one of the moderators to do that if you can’t.

Blessings to you,

Ann Maree

mampatwh

Joined in 2009
February 18, 2010, 00:16

That would be great if you could. I have no idea how to do that.

Pat

Chris
Administrator
Joined in 2009
February 18, 2010, 11:25

OK. I’ve obfuscated the email address, should fool the potential email harvesting bots!

And Patrick, welcome!

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 18, 2010, 13:08

welcome Patrick……it was good to meet you as well when I was down in Melbourne for Pride.

We have a number of Adelaide people on the site…….not all of them come here regularly though.

Can I suggest you use the telling our stories forum to introduce yourself and give some more background. i’m this will also encourage others to possibly connect with you.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
February 18, 2010, 20:11

OK. I’ve obfuscated the email address, should fool the potential email harvesting bots!

Our IT guru Chris to the rescue 😉

Welcome to Freedom2b[e] Patrick. Hope you find some local welcoming faith contacts in Adelaide. Glad you have found us! Keep us updated on your journey.

mampatwh

Joined in 2009
February 20, 2010, 19:32

thanks for the welcomes and all. I enjoy my trip to Melbourne and having a chance to march as well. It was a very different experience for me to march and identify as being christian and gay at the same time. As for my story…I have not thought about that in such a long time….thanks for the suggestion and it sounds like a good one. Will put my thinking cap on.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 20, 2010, 23:58

thanks for the welcomes and all. I enjoy my trip to Melbourne and having a chance to march as well. It was a very different experience for me to march and identify as being christian and gay at the same time. As for my story…I have not thought about that in such a long time….thanks for the suggestion and it sounds like a good one. Will put my thinking cap on.

cool…..I’ve often heard people say it helped to just sit down and write about their journey…..a bit like journalling I guess…..reflective

IanJ

Joined in 2009
February 21, 2010, 11:00

Our IT guru Chris to the rescue 😉

English guru too- obfu..what ?!!?

Hope that you can find some Adelaide friends via this website- you could also check out the links page and make contact with some of those organisations- who may also have contacts in Adelaide.

In the meantime– we’ll be your friends!!

mampatwh

Joined in 2009
February 22, 2010, 20:00

Thanks for the support. I have decided to hunt down a church here in Adelaide to participate in. I miss the aspect of prasie and worship which was very common for me back in the Catholic churches in Malaysia and Singapore. It feels strange for me here.

I have been surfing the sites here and the related ones. I was reading someones story about how they prayed together before the march at last years Mardi Gras. I got very teary. I miss having those moments where I can pray together with people.

I remember friend of mine told me that I when I prayed I prayed with my being. This was a small prayer group that I went to when I was back in Malaysia.

I have been speaking to my counselling about what I gave up in the last few years with my connection to my spirituality. I am grieving the loss of it. So after a day of feelng miserable. I decide to do something about it.

Keep me in your prayers.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.043 seconds.