Forums

An email from US preacher Johnny Lee Clary (former KKK)

Page:   1 2 3

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 27, 2009, 12:21

hey Paul…..welcome….I think this is your first post isn’t it?

yes people often say Jesus didn’t say anything about homosexuality….but it seems he did with the understanding of the day.

Some christians don’t want to believe we are born gay as it is totally opposite to the traditionally held view that we choose to be homosexual and in so doing choose to be ‘evil’ and an abomination.

To admit that most of their lives they have been wrong about this thing is a huge threat not only to their world view but to God’s ‘anointed’ have taught them and their faith in the inspired word of God.

It doesn’t take much reading to discover that preachers have been wrong in the past (after all they are only human) and the scriptures have been interpreted have been interpreted incorrectly. Yet the church still exists and people still have faith in the inspired word of God.

paulbrier

Joined in 2008
August 15, 2009, 23:13

Hey Anthony ….. Thanks for the welcome, yes it’s my first post. I’m not good at expressing myself very well, so I tend not to post much.

Just a bit more on eunuchs if I may.

All the words that we use today to describe gay and lesbian people, were not available to the original bible translators as they are modern words. The best word available to them, in the English language, was eunuch.

The bible was translated originally from Greek and the Greek language has three words for eunuch. That’s three types of eunuch – gays, those who were celibate and castrated males. So when we read eunuch in the bible it is one of these types but we don’t know which unless we go back to the original Greek texts.

Isaiah 56 says “Unto the eunuchs … will I give … a name better than of sons and daughters”.

Daughters? So there were female eunuchs? Shock, Horror! So eunuchs weren’t just castrated men after all?

This is, of course, only my reading of the bible, but to me it’s in black and white and taken from my JN Darbys translation.

As you say the enemy is ignorance.

Paul

Meyerink

Joined in 2009
August 15, 2009, 23:31

ok. so I have a unique view to offer on this topic (yes shock horror I’m bringing back the discussion to its original intent).

When Johnny Lee first came to Australia I managed to spend a good amount of time with him. On the surface he seems like a great character. And his personal testimony is very powerful. But what really opened my eyes is when he came back to Australia for his 2nd visit. A church was having its own conference with guest speakers. one was Johnny, and the other was Donni Swaggart (Jimmy Swaggarts son).

it was on one of the nights that Johnny attended That the senario unfolded. The service had finished and the local Pastor was introducing Johnny to Donni towards the back of the church. All of a sudden voices started getting raised and shouting followed as johnny started verbally attacking Donni about something Donni did that Johnny thought was racist. Now Johnny being the great Racism Breaker thought it was his position to put Donni in his place in front of the whole croud at the conference. The local Pastor had to remove the two of them from the main Auditorium to sort the situation out. Now picture this, Two redneck Americans (they are both southerners i think), shouting it out trying to out debate and outshout each other to get their point heard. As they headed into the offices their drones lessened until they were unheard.

so yeah, This really put into perspective what Johnny Lee is really like. But in saying that, If he was coming to preach near you i would still 300% recommend you go and listen to his testimony. I myself have heard it about 7 times and still didnt get bored of it! And if your lucky he might just sing one of his hits like “Goodness gracious, Great tongues of fire”.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 15, 2009, 23:37

Hey Anthony ….. Thanks for the welcome, yes it’s my first post. I’m not good at expressing myself very well, so I tend not to post much.

Just a bit more on eunuchs if I may.

All the words that we use today to describe gay and lesbian people, were not available to the original bible translators as they are modern words. The best word available to them, in the English language, was eunuch.

The bible was translated originally from Greek and the Greek language has three words for eunuch. That’s three types of eunuch – gays, those who were celibate and castrated males. So when we read eunuch in the bible it is one of these types but we don’t know which unless we go back to the original Greek texts.

Isaiah 56 says “Unto the eunuchs … will I give … a name better than of sons and daughters”.

Daughters? So there were female eunuchs? Shock, Horror! So eunuchs weren’t just castrated men after all?

This is, of course, only my reading of the bible, but to me it’s in black and white and taken from my JN Darbys translation.

As you say the enemy is ignorance.

Paul

I think you’ll find that it is not saying there were female eunuchs but it says the eunuchs will be given a name that is better than sons and daughters…..so in other words they will receive a greater reward than children (which of course was prized to carry on the family name……and eunuchs couldn’t have).

paulbrier

Joined in 2008
August 16, 2009, 22:59

Thanks, Anthony, I stand corrected 🙂

Paul

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 16, 2009, 23:55

no worries……just thought I should point that out. 🙂

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.08 seconds.