Page:   1 2 3 4

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 11, 2011, 00:08

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 11, 2011, 12:01

Hi avb

Yes I have noticed you’ve had a shift in the way you’re tackling these issues.

In the past you’ve not only done a lot of behind the scenes but also gone with a more ‘gently, gently’ approach. This letter seems more fiery. Would you agree? I’m interested to know the reasons for the change.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 11, 2011, 15:41

I am grappling with it myself……when I get it sorted I will share.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 11, 2011, 17:01

BTW…..thank you to everyone who is promoting this video

here are the stats from youtube

Honours for this video (6) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyFJ4jj80KI

#5 – Top Rated (Today)) – News & Politics – Australia

#10 – Most Discussed (Today)) – News & Politics – Australia

#18 – Top Rated (This Week)) – News & Politics – Australia

#75 – Most Discussed (This Week)) – News? & Politics – Australia

#84 – Most Viewed (Today)) – News & Politics – Australia

#108 – Top Rated (Today)) – Australia

keep it up…..who else should see this?

oooooo

Joined in 2006
February 12, 2011, 08:04

I listened to the first 50 seconds of the politician’s address and had to turn it off. I was feeling the anger of ignorance and hate and fear disguising itself as righteousness. I had to go to school and teach teenagers so I could not subject myself to that garbage.

Thankfully AVB is good at addressing sad cases such as this.

I am amazed at how many so called ‘believers’ who declare themselves to be bible believers too actually do not sit and meditate on the content of the bible. But I guess … they are only human and like so many before them, use the smallest remnant of the bible to suit their cause/hate/fear. In bible college we got taught those types were ‘cults’. Interesting huh …

Good work AVB 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 12, 2011, 19:12

Thanks 0000000

I think the comments on Peters video reflect how deeply he has hurt people and the anger his ignorance and injustice has created. Most of us have been traumatized at some level. Hearing Peter Maddens statements triggers the hurt.

YouTube gives the owner of the video stats on how long people watch for and what point they click off (called hotspots). Even though Peters videos has had over 15,000 views…..my guess is that the majority of people are so incensed that after a short time they stop watching….but of course we will never know that…..unless he owns up. The win on YouTube is not how many views you get but if people watch to the end.

You notice how vile, angry and aggressive the comments are on his YouTube. I lost count of how many times people said Peter go to hell…and swore at him. its a very negative energy………justified…….but probably has done nothing more than reinforce Peters view of homosexual people.

I could have lowered myself and got into the same energy…..and made my video go viral. All I would have to do is begin my video with the opening lines. “Peter you are a fool. Who the f%&k do you think you are? ” That would have tapped into the same energy…….and people would have hit like…..and passed on the anger.

I always choose to remove the emotion……talk rationally, never attack the individual but the ignorance, no name calling and encourage them for a better response. To respond in name calling and anger is to lower ourselves to an energy level that will never be constructive. I watched the video through to make sure I had the whole picture and story. Vital if one is going to comment intelligently.

this ladies and gentleman is why I prefer the term an (not the) ambassador for the LGBT community instead of gay activist…..and why I created this model of Creating a Space for Change.

I am sure people would be interested to know that Peter and I will be in 2GB studios with Glenn Wheeler next Saturday night at 8pm.

I need people to promote my video, click on like …..and add a comment……this will help get the alternative rational view get more exposure.

thanks for your help

oooooo

Joined in 2006
February 13, 2011, 20:41

I have thought about my comments from previous post

and the clip in question and the man at the height of the discussion

and again I come back to this …

we need people like that … we need the extremists … as much as I get angry from their ignorance and hatred we need them …

we need them to tilt the scales of ridiculous so that they scales will become balanced eventually

which is what is currently trying to happen

the extremists actually do the minorities of whatever description a favour (eventually)

they show the more moderated people of any side that extreme views are destructive, hateful and therefore make people question their own position on any given subject matter

including if they think homosexuality is evil etc

so many look at that type of speech, that type of clip, and if they are not extremists themselves they tend to back off even if it is only a small amount

the more they hear extreme views the more they tend to back off … just look at the AOG/Australian Christian Churches stance, they are not fully accepting etc but they have a lessened view of disgust and hatred … and I would say that part of that slight change in stance is caused from extremists, at least in part

perhaps I am wrong on this but that is what I thnk

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
February 13, 2011, 20:58

Hey oooooo – I think there may well be some merit if what you say.

But, sadly, there are probably still a small number of people who swallow the twisted messages and pass them on. The most extreme (as has happened in USA) may then persue some attempt at physical response.

An ongoing gentle and gracious response to those opposing our quest seems to be most effective in the long run (as well demonstrated by AVB).

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
February 13, 2011, 23:22

http://www.truthwinsout.org/blog/2011/02/14670/

Just this week a US senator was convinced to support gay marriage because of the extremism presented by someone named Maggie Gallagher.

Thanks Maggie!! 😀

She just made her way onto my Christmas Card list…

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
February 13, 2011, 23:25

I know one person used a rally by the Westboro Baptist Church to raise money that was then given to gay affirming charities in Fred Phelp’s name. Thus meaning that he got all the thank you messages.

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.077 seconds.