Forums

Anthony's nasty emails

Page: 1

barrymckayau

Joined in 2007
September 10, 2008, 11:46

Recently Anthony got some nasty emails, which he mentioned at the dinner, including one from a Dr Petrie who told Anthony he has demons oozing out of his eyes. Here is the original email again:

Nasty email 1: The first one came recently out of the blue with no introduction, dear Anthony or what prompted him to send it. Quite strange considering Dr. Petree has earned a Bachelor of Theology, a Master of Pastoral Counseling, and a Doctor of Theology degree. He was also conferred the honorary degree of Doctor of Sacred Music. Dr. Petree has been nominated for several Dove Awards, and has won Songwriter of the Year awards 3 times. One would think that with all that education that a more intelligent email could have been written.

Dr Petree writes:

“You can actually see the demons in your eyes. They are actually manifesting themselves.

Listen, you are possessed of demon powers. You have twisted the Bible and manipulated the truth of God’s word to justify your wicked perversion. However, you can not change God’s mind on homosexuality. You have now opened your heart to actual demons.

When those demons are exercised from your soul, you will see just what you have done and repent in tears. The shame you are bringing to Christ will send you to hell, unless you repent and turn to Christ.

But first, you must have the demons removed from your soul.”

Dr. Petree

http://www.larrypetree.com/

………………………………………….

On his website Dr. Petrie gives 2 email addresses to contact him

[email protected] or [email protected]

Why not contact Dr Petrie and tell him what you think of his email

This is what he says on his website

“…..My best years and work are before me. ………….., and also, I love irritating and converting liberals…..” Larry Petree

orfeo

Joined in 2007
September 10, 2008, 13:09

To be honest, I don’t think I will!

Personal opinion only, of course, but I see little value in getting into a shouting match with someone this random and this hopeless.

Others are free to step up to the plate if they wish.

I do think it’s worth remembering, though, that Anthony is in a position where he is naturally a magnet for this kind of thing, and keep him in our prayers accordingly.

– Trevor

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
September 10, 2008, 13:14

He’s obviously caught in the “devil” hunt 🙄 Its annoying isnt it 😯 next they will say his shoes are hoof shaped 🙄

People will believe what they want to believe and no matter what we say to them, it will mean nothing. Its sad that this man is so immature given his claims in qualifications.

Great to have you posting Rusty 😉

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
September 10, 2008, 16:11

I agree with Orfeo, Anthony gets so much of this and its a great way to remember to keep him in our thoughts, support and prayers.

supercalamari

Joined in 2008
September 14, 2008, 17:54

I don’t think it’s a very good idea getting into a nasty dialogue with ranting and raving lunatics such as Dr. Petree, personally. How horribly dissatisfied this man must be with his own life that he feels the need to try and make others feel inadequate.

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
September 14, 2008, 18:37

How horribly dissatisfied this man must be with his own life that he feels the need to try and make others feel inadequate.

You have probably hit the nail on the head there Isobel, either that or he just feels threatened.

straight-friendly

Joined in 2008
September 16, 2008, 12:32

Matthew 5.10-11: Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

In this case, the man attacking Anthony is confused, thinking that’s what Jesus would have him do…

Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Including Jesus Himself, Who was accused of “having devils” when He proclaimed God’s acceptance of everyone. In John 10.16, He says, I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Whereupon… (v 20) Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?”

Anthony’s in the best company imaginable here; we should rejoice with him… instead of arguing with or provoking a man who clearly doesn’t get it! Trash bins are full of Dove Awards and every other kind of human recognition based on popularity and vanity. There are no credentials in man’s favor.

Instead let’s pray for this man, shower him with love, and praise God for Anthony standing for truth!

supercalamari

Joined in 2008
September 16, 2008, 17:28

Matthew 5.10-11: Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

In this case, the man attacking Anthony is confused, thinking that’s what Jesus would have him do…

Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Including Jesus Himself, Who was accused of “having devils” when He proclaimed God’s acceptance of everyone. In John 10.16, He says, I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Whereupon… (v 20) Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?”

Anthony’s in the best company imaginable here; we should rejoice with him… instead of arguing with or provoking a man who clearly doesn’t get it! Trash bins are full of Dove Awards and every other kind of human recognition based on popularity and vanity. There are no credentials in man’s favor.

Instead let’s pray for this man, shower him with love, and praise God for Anthony standing for truth!

I think that’s a good idea straight-friendly, I just get sick of people being horrible to other people in the world. It gets a bit agitating sometimes. Thanks for reminding me what I should do though 🙂 .

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
September 16, 2008, 18:16

Yes indeed, it is a great reminder.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
September 26, 2008, 23:57

yep……I’ll be able to dialogue with him……I might share with you some of the further communication……just for your amusement…….you dont have to do anything.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.071 seconds.