Goldman Sachs has been named Australia’s Employer of the Year for 2014 at a special event recognising workplace support for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
The Australian arm of the global financial services firm topped a list of 20 organisations which were recognised today at a special luncheon in Sydney organised by Pride in Diversity, Australia’s first and only national employer support program for the inclusion of LGBTI people in the workplace. Pride In Diversity is a program of ACON, NSW’s leading HIV and LGBTI health organisation.
The awards were determined using Pride In Diversity's Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI), a free service provided annually by Pride In Diversity that evaluates and benchmarks LGBTI inclusiveness in Australian workplaces.
The 2014 Top 20 Australian employers for LGBTI people are:
1. Goldman Sachs
2. Curtin University
3. Westpac Group
4. Commonwealth Bank
6. Australian Federal Police and IBM (Joint 6th)
8. The University of Western Australia
9. Lend Lease
10. KPMG and Accenture (Joint 10th)
12. Herbert Smith Freehills (first law firm)
14. National Australia Bank and Macquarie Banking &
Financial Services (Joint 14th)
16. Children & Young Peoples Mental Health
17. American Express
19. Macquarie University
20. Gilbert + Tobin and Australian Red Cross Blood Service
More details here: http://www.prideindiversity.com.au/awei/