Forums

Ben & Family on The Project on Channel 10 - Wed 2nd Jan 2013

Page:   1 2

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
January 1, 2013, 20:19

Hi everyone,

If you are interested, there will be a story on The Project (Channel 10, Australia) on being gay and Christian. The story features my parents, partner (Sam) and I. It should also mention the important work of freedom2b and hopefully redirect people to this amazing website.

You can watch it on Channel 10 from 6:30pm or catch it online shortly after the end of the show.

Praying that our message of support, hope and life reaches the people that need to hear it. Also hoping that the camera and lighting is kind to me. 😛

http://theprojecttv.com.au

Ben

sarab

Joined in 2011
January 1, 2013, 21:08

Ben – that is so amazing and wonderful. To see this covered on prime time tv. Good on you for your continued work and efforts in being such a fabulous advocate for those who are gay and Christian. Big cyber hug being sent your way. I appreciate you and your family and the encouragement you all offer. I will certainly be watching. ( btw – I can see on fb that news of the segment on the project is already generating controversy – big sigh… )

Sarab

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 1, 2013, 21:14

I agree Ben you are awesome 🙂 I've already spread the word to a few other people. We will certainly be watching.

Abe

Joined in 2011
January 1, 2013, 21:43

Bless you Ben. Looking forwarding to seeing the show.

Jordi5

Joined in 2011
January 1, 2013, 21:43

Hi Ben,

Thanks and I definately will be watching…can't wait! 🙂

Jordi

Brisbane

Shane Cathcart
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
January 1, 2013, 22:18

Awesome…looking forward to it Benny.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 2, 2013, 10:39

Good on you, Ben. 🙂 I will definitely be watching and will have my family and friends tune in too.:)

Have emailed others and posted on my facebook page. 🙂

Just know that you have a lot of support, both here and in the community. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

sarab

Joined in 2011
January 2, 2013, 19:46

Yay Ben and yay Ben's parents and Sam!

Ben – this was a very moving piece on a number of levels.

It was so good to see this covered on mainstream tv – you were articulate – it wasn't edited to your detriment – in fact the message was good!

For gay Christians watching – who are perhaps struggling with the judgements of their church – I think there was a message of hope in the story – to hear that you guys read your Bible, are in fact faithful – yet in a clearly loving relationship speaks volumes and may well be a very tangible message of hope for people for whom hope seems remote and distant.

I was proud to watch -(even though I don't know you!) I was cheering you on in my lounge room!

Here's hoping a few more people find their way to f2b as a result.

Good on you!

Sarab xx

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 2, 2013, 22:52

Awesome Ben well done 🙂 Mr Summit said that they had taken some bits from the Cure, we are yet to see that. My parents also watched it and gave some good comments. They did say it was brief but it opened the door for me to be able to tell them a bit more about F2B.

As Sarab has said you are a great inspiration to other's on this forum, to other young Gay people especially Christians who are struggling with reconciling their faith. You and Sam are wonderful ambassadors for the LGBTI community. We are blessed to have you. 🙂

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
January 2, 2013, 23:17

Congratulations to Ben, Sam and your parents!

It was a fantastic interview and we are all so appreciative of the opportunity to spread the word to those who need support. I have already received inquiries 🙂

Great job everyone

Michelle

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.092 seconds.