Forums

Bibs on the ABC

Page: 1

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 1, 2010, 22:35

those of you who attend our Sydney chapter meetings will know Bibs.

He was interviewed on the ABC on Sunday night…..If you dont know his story you can listen here

http://www.abc.net.au/sundaynights/stories/s2832527.htm

Well done Bibs

IanJ

Joined in 2009
March 1, 2010, 23:06

Thanks Bibs!

Pleased to hear your articulate and gentle exposition on what it means to be Christian and gay…and hurt and forgiving.

Ian

davidt

Joined in 2009
March 2, 2010, 11:46

Bibs

I have just listened to your interview and although I have never met you, I just want to say how impressed I was with the way you have handled all this. Life has not been easy for you and I can relate to that so much.

A key thing for me was a careful study of what the scriptures actually say on homosexuality in the original Hebrew and Greek. As a former Baptist Pastor who is gay, it really opened my eyes. What is in many of the english translations is not what is in the original languages. This really has become a turning point for many gays as well as for their families. I have written a paper on this topic and if at some point you wanted to explore it, please let me know and I would only be too glad to help.

May the Lord become very real to you personally in days to come.

Shonkygirl

Joined in 2009
March 2, 2010, 12:35

Bibs,

You articulated your story and the related issues so well and with such a beautiful spirit.

Love you heaps

Shon

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
March 2, 2010, 13:36

I will have to listen when I have time but this is great to hear that so many f2b’ers are sharing their story.

Great work Bibs!! 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
March 2, 2010, 20:04

Hi Bibs

I applaud you for choosing to live an authentic life and finding hope with that despite the immense cost.

You articulated yourself so well and and have such a gracious spirit. Thank you for sharing your story and for being you. I’m sure your account will inspire many, no matter what their beliefs.

It breaks my heart that your confidentiality wasn’t respected and that you were rejected in such hateful ways. I can relate to the ex-communication and the church suddenly turning their backs as well as hearing my ex-husband being called a “cancer in the body of Christ”. In our case, this also happened at the hands of leadership who were threatened by the truth.

I too no longer call myself a Christian because of the negative connotations. I still have a strong faith however but want to be more inclusive toward others. I think any one religion/belief/[philosophy is restricted in its application to everyone so favour a more interfaith or integrated approach.

I hope to hear more from you here.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Oh and I think it’s great what Zach and the others are doing at 100 revs. I support anything that’s truly about love.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
March 4, 2010, 13:09

Bibs,

Thanks for sharing your story with everyone on that radio programme. I really hope that it reaches and touches many who are lost in that terrible feeling of isolation that affects so many gay Christian people.

I was inspired and moved by your honesty, your graciousness and your determination to keep going against all the odds.

Great to hear such an encouraging story.

davidt

Joined in 2009
March 6, 2010, 12:53

Bibs

I was a missionary too, in Indonesia, and returned because I knew how the church viewed me as being gay.

It was an incredible time with a huge mass movement to the Lord, with 1000’s reponding to Christ. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done to leave that to come home.

In many ways I can relate to how you must be feeling right now. Bibs, how you are feeling matters to me and to many others here.

I really admire the way you have handled all this.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
March 8, 2010, 11:08

avb, I’m assuming and hoping that Bibs will get to read these posts?

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.