Forums

Blogger Mom: Stay in the Closet!

Page:   1 2

LifeOf3Halves

Joined in 2011
November 11, 2011, 00:42

Sadly Kathleen seems to be able to type faster than she can think! It is always important to create a gap between stimulus and one’s response.

Ash

Joined in 2012
July 11, 2012, 14:44

It's really sad to read things like that.

I do think that this comes out of ignorance, but sometimes I also think that some Christians can spend so much time preaching to others on what it means to be a 'good' Christian, that they can forget to act in a 'good' Christian-like way.

It's something that I have noticed a lot over my entire life.

We should never be blaming LGBT people (or their supportive family and friends) for the anguish that they suffer.

When I was in school (I was probably about 8 or 9 at a Catholic primary), a girl started in preprimary or year one and she had lesbian mums. All of my friends talked about how she and her mothers would be going to hell for being lesbians and that she didn't deserve to be at our school. I asked what a lesbian was and no one could tell me. That just proves that kids do not hate others on their own. Kids are fed the often misguided beliefs of their parents or others around them. That should be the issue that should be tackled.

That girl has been in my mind a lot lately. I wish I had done more to stop all the talk back then.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.044 seconds.