Forums

Break Free - Signs For Mardi Gras

Page: 1

Shane Cathcart
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
February 1, 2013, 23:37

Hi everyone,

The Mardi Gras planning team need your help.

We are about to get signs printed up for Mardi Gras and we need some messages to put on them.

Since the tagline for our entry this year is "Break Free" it would good to have each message start with this, for example:

"Break Free From Conflict"

But if there's another message you think might fit better, please post it below.

Look forward to your suggestions.

Shane

J

Joined in 2012
February 3, 2013, 19:56

Break free from self-doubt

Break free of all your insecurities

Break free of fear

Just a few ideas anyway

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 4, 2013, 18:54

Break free of judgment to find acceptance.

Break free of hatred and embrace love.

Break free of lies and live your truth. Feel free to be your beautiful self.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

sarab

Joined in 2011
February 4, 2013, 20:02

Love love love your suggestions Ann Maree – I love the notion of breaking free of one thing to in fact find something new – clever you.

Before you posted this, I too had thought about "break free from judgement" – for Christians and people of faith from GLBTIQ backgrounds this seems pretty fitting.

Cheers,

Sarab x

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 12, 2013, 18:54

Thanks Sarab! That's very kind of you. 🙂

I like the idea of not just breaking free from the old but moving toward something positive or that which we value most highly because when we embrace the new positive thing, then the focus is on that and not on what we leave behind. Then we know we really are free. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
February 13, 2013, 23:15

Shane – freedom2b in Melbourne had some good signs in the recent Pride Parade. You might be able to pick-out some from the photos. Or ask Linda. The one I chose to carry said "Respectful Dialogue". BTW, I think it is REALLY important that signs are double-sided – so can be seen from front and back; doubles the impact.

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
February 13, 2013, 23:19

Quote from forestgrey on February 13, 2013, 11:15 pm

Shane – freedom2b in Melbourne had some good signs in the recent Pride Parade. You might be able to pick-out some from the photos. Or ask Linda. The one I chose to carry said "Respectful Dialogue". BTW, I think it is REALLY important that signs are double-sided – so can be seen from front and back; doubles the impact.

I agree forestgrey but it also doubles the cost unfortunately. We'll see how we go.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.063 seconds.