Forums

Brisbane chapter

Page: 1

jamesn

Joined in 2009
August 13, 2011, 15:05

🙂 well done to the gang in Brisbane for what appears to have been an amazing first chapter meeting! Congratulations & thanks to everyone who made it happen!

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 13, 2011, 15:20

Hi jamesn

I was just wondering how that went. I wish I could have gone! 🙂

What happened?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 13, 2011, 17:28

from all reports I’ve heard……fantastic…..about 50 people for the first event. Paul was great as usual. This has been the very best launch by far. If this is any indication of the future of the chapter then I will possibly be the largest in Australia. I am sure the leaders from there will fill in more details.

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
August 14, 2011, 22:20

Definitely a most promising start. Jason and Adam are just the right people. An excellent base onto which to build.

As to the biggest in Australia ?? !! ?? AVB stirring again! We’ll see.

As usual at Chapter meetings, more males than females. (Unlike this Forum which seems more balanced.) But, that will slowly change.

At the coffee shop afterwards, I sat at the female end of the (long) table and had a most enjoyable chat. Must do that again. Gentlemen – it broadens the mind and is recomended,

So, GO BRISBANE. (And Melbourne and Sydney too.) Where next, I wonder??

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 14, 2011, 22:30

Thanks forestgrey for this update.

And a big congratulations to Jason and Adam! You guys are fabulous! 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
August 16, 2011, 22:17

It was an awesome night. We only booked a room for 35. We didn’t expect 50!

Paul’s talk was excellent. Unfortunately he had to leave early and as a result the meeting ended up being a little short. There was also another major gay event a short distance away that was starting after ours.

We’ve learnt a few things. But overall it was a great start. We already have a few more followers on Facebook and people who were keen to keep going.

Support from Freedom 2 Be was great, and much appreciated. I think we had 5 people from NSW and VIC fly up. The other LGBT service organisations were also well represented.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 17, 2011, 18:28

Hi Mr Summit

Well done! Exciting stuff indeed. 🙂

Congrats to Paul too for his input. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
August 17, 2011, 18:49

whoo hoo, I’m in NZ and heard how awesome it was, fantastic.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.