Forums

Cameroon: 3 Days to Free Roger

Page: 1

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 15, 2012, 08:24

Hi Everyone

Roger just spent a year in prison in Cameroon. His so-called crime? He sent another man an SMS that said "I'm very much in love w/u." Roger's got a new appeal hearing on Monday, but is facing another 2 years in prison unless good people act.

There are just a few days to keep Roger from going back to jail, where he faced abuse from the guards and horrible health conditions. Cameroon's President Paul Biya and the Minister of Justice have the authority to free Roger and end the terrible anti-gay laws that put him away in the first place. The President has been swayed in the past by international pressure, and knows that Cameroon's reputation is at stake.

For those who are moved by this and care about social justice, please sign the petition, email it to friends and post on facebook and twitter.

http://www.allout.org/en/actions/Roger?akid=852.86466.G1iIUD&amp=&amp=&amp=&rd=1&t=3&utm_campaign=roger&utm_content=english&utm_medium=email&utm_source=actionkit

http://www.allout.org/en/actions/roger/taf

Thanks very much.

Ann Maree

J

Joined in 2012
September 15, 2012, 11:28

It's so ridiculous that you can be sent to prison for simply sending your loved one a text, what has this world come to? Honestly…

Signed 🙂

I love the allout.org site, it's great to see so much support around the whole world fighting against the injustice too.

~Jordan

sarab

Joined in 2011
September 15, 2012, 19:13

signed and shared

I encourage other f2bers to do the same

Thanks for sharing this Ann Maree

sarab

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 15, 2012, 20:16

Thanks sarab. 🙂

Chris
Administrator
Joined in 2009
September 17, 2012, 01:29

Signed. Absolutely ridiculous.

Makes me wonder how much funding towards imprisoning the innocent over there comes from misdirected international aid.

J

Joined in 2012
September 25, 2012, 09:13

Just got an email from Allout.org regarding Roger

Dear Jordan,

We just heard from Roger, who is facing jailtime in Cameroon for sending a text message to another man. After more than 100,000 of us called for Roger's freedom, his trial has been postponed until November.

We're in this for the long haul. If you're with us, will you keep updated on Roger's case and the stories of others like him on our Facebook page?

http://www.facebook.com/AllOutorg

We know this battle is not going to be easy. Corrupt governments often use sexuality as a wedge issue to divide the public and distract them from terrible things going on in their communities. But we're on top of every news story out there. And we've seen that when our community comes together, we can force leaders to answer to the international community and shine a light on injustice.

Campaigns like this come up every day, and we need you to take action in a pinch. Without your support, people like Roger would still be in jail without a voice.

Will you follow the arrow and click 'like' to join us now?

http://www.facebook.com/AllOutorg

Thanks for going All Out.

Best,

Andre, Guillaume, Hayley, Jeremy, Joe, Leandro, Marisa, Mike, Pablo, Sara, Tile, Wesley, and the rest of the All Out team

I personally don't have Facebook, as I find it way too big brother'ish and all that, but thought I would post this anywho

Amila

Joined in 2012
September 25, 2012, 10:55

This is so crazy. So many REAL criminals are still out in the open and this man is sent to prison for sending a text… sigh… 🙁 just so sad…

Signed and shared.

Lets pray that he will be released..

Regards

Amila

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 25, 2012, 23:54

On the bright side, petitions can make a difference. Roger's case has been delayed and I think that's because the gov of his country are embarrassed at the publicity this petition has created and the fact that their decisions make them look really bad to the rest of the world. The delay also gives people more chance to get on board and support this issue by signing the petition.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.031 seconds.