Forums

Can anyone help please?

Page: 1

Michelle

Joined in 2012
January 30, 2013, 12:14

My name is Michelle and I an at my wits end! I am studying at the moment (Cert 4 Community Services Work and have already got a Bachelor of Applied Science – Major in Disabilities). I am in desperate need for a student placement! I have emailed, phoned and visited countless organisations to try and gain a placement of 150 hours. I have applied to organisations such as those that provide support for women experiencing family violence, Community Support Services, Community Neighbourhood Houses, Volunteer Resource Centres, Headspace, GLBTI specific Organisations (of which there are very few in Frankston). My list is exhaustive!! The responses have all been of rejection, due to no student intakes (either have their quota or not accepting any students at all). This has been very disheartening to say the least. Does anyone have any ideas of whereabouts I could apply to gain a placement? I am only a few weeks off completing my theory component and must have this placement completed by 1st May 2013 to gain the qualification. If anyone has any ideas, or opportunities available for student placement, I would be more than greatful to hear from you.

Thank you,

Michelle

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 30, 2013, 13:50

Hi Michelle,

Sorry I can't make any suggestions I just wanted to wish you luck, don't give up, I'll be praying something comes up that is just perfect for you 🙂

God Bless

Amila

Joined in 2012
January 30, 2013, 16:11

Hey Michelle,

I will be praying too… just know that God says in His word "All things work for the good of them that love the Lord and who are called according to His purpose " … I pray that He will open doors for you…

Blessings

Amila

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 31, 2013, 21:56

What do you have to do on your placements? Have you tried community health locations or councils?

Blessings,

Ann Maree

RaulG

Joined in 2010
February 2, 2013, 08:55

Querido Omshanti,

Two questions:

1. Are you willing to move?

2. Can you understand-speak Spanish/be willing to learn?

Yours in Christ,

Raul

sarab

Joined in 2011
February 2, 2013, 09:23

How about trying community preschools or child care centres. Many offer an inclusive programme for children with additional needs – would this be suitable for your purposes?

Sarab

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
February 7, 2013, 17:24

Hi there

I am asking around – but not being a Melbournian – would it be possible to look at parts of Melbourne ? Do people Commute from Frankston ?

Like even to the Dandenongs maybe or as far as St Kilda or Malvern East or would that be too far to travel ???

Just trying to work out how far we can spread the network to ask around ?

Thanks

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.032 seconds.