Joined in 2011
July 7, 2011, 20:17

sorry Sydney, you’re a bit out of the way for me 🙁

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
July 7, 2011, 21:38

Hi Cal,

Im glad to see your post went up without any problems! Good luck with your porttraits!

Michelle 8)

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 8, 2011, 12:44

Hi Cal

Sounds like a fabulous project. I hope you find lots of suitable candidates.

I’d love to see the portfolio once completed also. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

cal87

Joined in 2011
July 19, 2011, 18:59

I feel I should clarify as I realize there are people on the forum and in f2b who don’t necessarily label them selves as Christian but profess to believe the truth of Christ as lord and saviour. When I use the term “Christian” I mean someone who trusts in Jesus as their lord and saviour so even if you don’t label yourself as a christian, you are still most welcome to be a part of this project.

I heard a saying once: Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

To me this is saying that being a Christian isn’t about following religious rituals but a heart discussion to love and trust in Christ, so from now on when I refer “being a Christian” I do so with the intent not to label as such but to identify those who choose Christ as saviour.

If anyone is offended by this please say so, because it is not my intention to offend and I’d like to apologize if I have.

Cal87

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 20, 2011, 12:53

Hi Cal87

Thanks for clarifying. 🙂

It’s an interesting discussion point and I expect there will be a wide range of interpretations of what it means to be Christian or not and everything in between. I am one of those who no longer identifies as Christian but has a strong faith in God. But even my concept of God is different to what it was and difficult to explain. I often find that we humans are more similar than we think and any perceived differences are more about the different language we use.. On that note, I no longer think of Jesus as my “saviour” although I still believe in and want to follow him. My focus is more broad than it was, meaning that I’ve integrated other traditions into my spirituality, influenced by the Dalai Lama and those who offer a message in keeping with the great love that underpins everything.

I say the above just to point out that there may be those here who identify as Christian according to your definition except for the saviour part.

No offence taken by me, Cal87. As I said, I think it’s an interesting discussion and one worthy of more exploration, especially for your project. 🙂

Hope you’re finding the participants you need and I look forward to seeing your work when completed. It’s a fabulous idea. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.