Forums

Chatting with my pastor

Page:   1 2 3

Boi70

Joined in 2007
February 13, 2011, 11:56

I agree with Chris. Best to keep the communication lines open with him and reassure him that you are not behind the online comments. And I am sure that your pastor knows that you are not the type to make this sort of trouble anyway. 🙂

And who knows – maybe you are not the only one in your church who is part of, or identifies with the GLBT community. :bigsmile:

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 13, 2011, 13:51

be an observer….and if you can offer an additional insight in a thoughtful and respectful way then do so…….plus suggestions above.

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
February 13, 2011, 14:34

And who knows – maybe you are not the only one in your church who is part of, or identifies with the GLBT community. :bigsmile:

I have heard that there is another openly gay man on one of the other campuses. But I have not met them. Nor did the pastor mention him, so maybe he doesn’t know. Or maybe the rumor is false. I should check it out I guess. We have a burgeoning network of Gay Christians in Brisbane and he (if he exists) doesn’t seem to be connected to it.

There was a study published in a book called “Unchristian” which found that something around 96% of unchurched people considered Christians to be homophobic and that this was a significant barrier to people going to church. It’s not just LGBT people. Straight people see how the church treats us and that puts them off.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 14, 2011, 11:25

One thing is for sure…..there will be a number who are in the closet.

I remember when I announced that I was Australia’s first openly gay Pentecostal……hehe.

I knew it just had to take one person to do that and then others would follow.

Rosa Parks is my hero. The simple act of one woman who refused to give up the seat she had paid for to a white person……..gave others courage and sparked the civil rights movement.

It still takes courage to come out……..but give it another 10 years……we will have a very different climate in our churches.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.054 seconds.