Forums

Coming Out in NZ

Page: 1

Glen

Joined in 2012
September 6, 2012, 21:14

Kia Ora,

I'm a gay man and have finally come to a place where I've been able to realise that I am a man of faith and I can come out. I am in a privileged position where I'm leader of a Christian mission organisation in NZ and people are okay with my sexuality. I have always known that I am gay but have done my best to hide it as I've thought that homosexuality and Jesus don't mix. Finally I've come to a place where I realise that this is who I am and Jesus loves me no matter what. My parents who are ministers in The Salvation Army struggle with my coming out, but I hope that they'll get used to it. It seems that my coming out is the beginning of a new journey for me. I'll keep you informed!

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
September 6, 2012, 21:59

Hi Glen Kia Ora and welcome to F2B, Thankyou for sharing a little about yourself it is so wonderful that you have come to a place where you have reconciled being Gay and being Christian, others will find encouragement in your words.

God Bless

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
September 7, 2012, 22:40

Hi Glen,

Welcome to freedom2b! Thank you for introducing yourself and sharing some of your journey 🙂 I hope you find some good connections and support through our network, we look forward to learning more about you.

Warm regards

Michelle

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 8, 2012, 10:31

Hi Glen

It's great to hear from you and welcome to f2b! We have a few others from NZ amongst us who will be glad to hear that you have come to some peace regarding your sexuality and spirituality. I'm interested to know how you reached that point and if you have some supports..

It's true that you can have a faith and be gay. Christianity and other faiths are not mutually exclusive from being in the LGBTI community. 🙂

Hopefully your parents will come round in time.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

J

Joined in 2012
September 9, 2012, 15:39

Hey Glen, welcome to F2B

There's a few of us kiwi's around here as Ann mentioned 😛 It's great you've come to a place where you have reconciled your faith and sexuality. Indeed coming out leads to a massive journey of self discovery, and it takes a lot to know who you are as a person – it's quite exciting too, albeit scary at times. I hope to hear more of your story some time!

~Jordan

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
September 21, 2012, 13:02

welcome dear Glenn……feels good doesn't it when we get that internal sfuff sorted out. Liberating. You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Author of 'A Life of Unlearning – A Journey to Find the Truth'

Founder and Director of Ambassadors & Bridge Builders International

E: [email protected] W: http://www.gayambassador.com

LGBT consultant and professional coach, working with gay, lesbian, bisexual clients and those questioning their sexual identity

• Strategic Coming Out

• Married & Gay

• Faith/Sexuality Conflict

• Living Authentically

• Life After the Closet

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.058 seconds.