Forums

Cruise Free Zone - WHY!

Page:   1 2 3

JYONG

Joined in 2009
August 9, 2009, 22:01

But a natural flow of meeting, friendship to relationship is completely healthy I think.

Agree

I know I am new in this site but I think it ‘cruise free’ zone policy is important to protect people from sexual predator. However if one befriended another and something come out of it, then I think that is beyond anyone control. As long it is clear that one is not intentionally and actively looking for sexual encounter.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
August 9, 2009, 22:02

yep….as I said at our friday night meeting in Sydney….we are certainly not anti relationship. It wouldn’t surprise me if some guys at F2B end up in a relationship.

the cruise free zone is to make people aware that you dont come to our meeting with an agenda to pick people up or find a partner……and that any predatory type of behaviour is unacceptable in our space.

Too many times I’ve heard of guys going into a gay Christian spaces for the first time…..still very much in a questioning space…….and they were hit on by one or more people. they didn’t go back because they felt like there was no difference between what they just experienced and what happens in most gay bars.

it would probably be good to mention here as well that freedom 2 b[e] in not actually a christian organisation as such. We have gay christians in our space and others who have changed their beliefs, no longer believe….or are sorting things out. Its a pretty unique space.

JYONG

Joined in 2009
August 9, 2009, 22:19

freedom 2 b[e] in not actually a christian organisation as such. We have gay christians in our space and others who have changed their beliefs, no longer believe….or are sorting things out. Its a pretty unique space.

Yes I read the guidelines and I understand the dynamic of the people. I also think that it is unavoidable that at some point a discussion surrounding Christianity come forth because it relevant to our current or past life. As long as one is not trying to enforce one ideology or believes to another, it is healthy to discuss issues that affecting or has affected us. I think it help us to understand thing more.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.