Forums

David Graham (Farmer Dave) on Australian Story

Page: 1

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 2, 2010, 07:04

Hi everyone

This program showed David’s story, including his process of coming out and life on the farm and beyond.

http://www.abc.net.au/austory/

Blessings,

Ann Maree

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
November 2, 2010, 20:35

Hi Ann Maree,

Thanks for posting this story. I must admit that I didn’t watch the program on TV.

I’m sure that David’s statement that everyone should be treated equally before the law will resonate with a lot of LGBT people who have experienced unfair treatment in their lives at some point.

davidt

Joined in 2009
November 2, 2010, 22:12

This was a good program. When guys like David come out, it can make a difference and hopefully a big difference. He had walked a tough road but has a good future ahead of him. I am sure it is going to make a difference to many young gays.

The show also said a lot about what sort of a person his father is. Change is coming slowly.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 4, 2010, 02:14

Thanks for sharing that, Ann Maree, I had missed that one on television and I’m glad that I got to see it.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 4, 2010, 16:38

You’re welcome.

I thought it was interesting to see how frank the family members were in their responses despite there being some difficulty coming to terms with things. And this was most apparent between David and his father. I also thought that even though the family expressed a preference for privacy, that the documentary might have brought some healing to David. Through it, he would have seen how proud his dad was of him although he was not the kind of man to ordinarily express that too freely.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
November 7, 2010, 13:50

Yes, I thought that, too. That David being able to hear his Dad say “I’m proud of him.” would be very healing.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.08 seconds.