Forums

Disheartened

Page: 1

chrétien

Joined in 2010
May 2, 2010, 23:48

This is why I am in this forum. I need gay christian friends. Its as simple as that. I need people I can turn to who will understand exactly what I am feeling. I do not want to abandon my faith. I do not even want to abandon my church. I am sure there are others out there in Melbourne who would be keen on forming a social group. A group to provide support and encouragement, so that we (or rather I) do not have to lead a marginalised life in our churches.

Chris
Administrator
Joined in 2009
May 3, 2010, 00:16

Hey chrétien, welcome to the forum.

freedom 2 b[e] does in fact have a Melbourne chapter, run by Linda and Michelle. I think they get a fair number of people turning up to their monthly chapter meetings – the next one should be in a couple of weeks. Our events page will probably show up with a Melbourne event about a week before it actually takes place, if you want to keep track! It’s usually held in the VAC building in South Yarra.

Your church situation sounds like a sad but all too familiar one. I know there are some people in freedom 2 b[e] who have persisted with their churches despite the condemnation, others who were simply kicked out, and others who left and found more accepting churches. And of course, others who aren’t really in church at all.

I’d say you’ve definitely come to the right place…

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
May 3, 2010, 00:30

Hello chrétien! We are happy to have you here. 🙂 I just wanted to say if you are Melbourne, be assured that there is no shortage of gay Christians in the area who would be happy to be there for you. I am sure the F2b members there in Melbourne can help you out. So fear not, chrétien, I am sure your need for community and a safe place will be fulfilled very soon. 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
May 3, 2010, 07:08

Hi chretien

You’ve found a safe space here where you can connect with others in your community. I’m also in Melbourne and would be glad to catch up if you like. Feel free to PM me. The Melbourne f2b meetings that Chris mentioned are also good – some really nice people go there.

Anyway, welcome.. and look forward to hearing more from you.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

chrétien

Joined in 2010
May 3, 2010, 19:42

Thanks Chris 🙂 , very thankful that I found freedom2be. I will definely check out the Melbourne F2B gathering at VAC.

chrétien

Joined in 2010
May 3, 2010, 19:44

Thanks for the encouraging words gettingthere 🙂

mrg

Joined in 2010
May 3, 2010, 23:28

Welcome chretien!

There’s a few of us Melbourne types here. It’s good to have you along for the journey.

MRG

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 5, 2010, 00:05

hi Critien……welcome.

you will find details of the monthly chapter meetings here http://www.freedom2b.org/topic/218

good to get on the newsletter list so you get notified of next events

holywoman

Joined in 2010
May 29, 2010, 17:37

hi,

As a melbourne anglican i am heart broken to hear your story, but seriously uplifted by your strength, i don’t know i could be a gracious as you are in your circumstances.

There is a gay anglican melbourne community, but it is still largely underground as the church is currently being rocking by these issues and sexuality will be one of the key issues raised at synod this year (although knowing the church progress is not necessarily an outcomes! But some conversation is better than none!)

I pray that God is with you in all you do, and that you find a community within the anglican church in which you feel comfortable and able to express yourself.

If you ever want some conversation message me

Blessings

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
June 1, 2010, 01:17

nice words of encouragement god chick holywoman……….makes my user name sound really bland……… 🙂

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.092 seconds.