azza81

Joined in 2010
April 16, 2012, 13:05

http://www.starobserver.com.au/opinion/2012/04/04/does-it-matter/75131

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 16, 2012, 16:05

Hi azza81

I'm interested to know your thoughts about this article.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

azza81

Joined in 2010
April 17, 2012, 11:12

My Thoughts

I do feel strongly about discrimination and injustice however my recent trip back to Sydney has made me a lot more confident. There are a lot of Asian Gay Men who are part of F2b especially the youth side. They have so much self confidence but in a healthy manner and fit in very well. I personally believe also your outlook and the way you carry yourself is very important and from my observation being in Sydney for a short visit I see so may Asian Gay men visible proud and confident and in interracial relationships. However I do believe its still important to educate about these issues that they do exist no matter where in Australia you are.

I could go on forever however its all about Self Love and Confidence and to be honest I am so proud of the Asian Gay men who I have met in Sydney because they live normal and healthy lives and to be honest race and cultural background is no longer an issue in most cases

Im happy to hear other peoples' thoughts as well

Aaron

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 18, 2012, 11:57

Hi Aaron

It's really good that you feel strongly about racial discrimination, raising awareness about it by posting. Equally, it's very encouraging to hear that there are young gay asians having more positive experiences as well. That must be nice for you to see. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
April 19, 2012, 22:11

Its an interesting read !

The line ¨After continuously being rejected on the basis of race¨ – reminds me of a similar blogpost I read recently – The article was commenting on the racism inherent in the Gay community especially with respect to sexual attaction and although I cant quite remember exactly where….. and I´m not sure it would be appropriate to post a link to it here if i did – it discussed some of the comments people put on their web profiles for various sites and argued that rejection of race etc was purely due to hate and challenged the readers to examine their stereotypes

He argued (in this blog tha)t we should never express things in terms of race – ESPECIALLY internally but also its something that is seen on hook up sites which can be quite discriminatory and that we should watch for it and and if we find ourselves doing it – we should be examining ourselves carefully and re-expressing the comments in other terms…. NEVER in terms of race.

I think its worth challenging the wider Community on this issue – there is definitely room for improvement – (Ive always found it interesting how oppressed minorities often are not so good in treating other oppressed miniorities) thanks for posting !

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.073 seconds.