Forums

Ex-United Pentecostal Church survivor finds hope after local church rejection for being gay

Page: 1

hercules2

Joined in 2010
October 7, 2010, 13:15

I am forever greatful for this sight and to be able to tell my story. I was rejected by my church and not accepted for being gay. I struggled with my sexuality for many years and finally decided if I would go to Bible College, it would fix everything, only to realize that they did not want people that were gay or people that had ever been in a homosexual relationship. As I sat in the admissions office filling out my papers for enrollment I came to the question of homosexuality, I realized then at that moment I needed to go back home, leave my church and find myself. I left church at the age of 20 years old and never stepped foot into a church again until I was 35 years old. I am now a 46 year old gay christian man that has found a much bigger and more powerful God than I have ever known. There is hope for all who are struggling with their sexuality and christianity.

I am currently writing my story and speak at local Universities in their Diversity, Human Sexuality and SexEd classes. It is a more than wonderful feeling to let people know that it is ok to be who you are and who you were created to be.

A few years ago I was surfing the net and found Anthony Venn-Browns book…”A Life of Unlearning” . It was almost as if it had been put in front of me by this huge, powerful hand from out of no where. I read it and it changed my life, my way of thinking and my way of accepting myself for who I am. I will be forever greatful for Anthony Venn-Brown and the call on his life to reach out to those in need and to those struggling with who they are. I have shared his book with many people and have always received positive feedback from all.

Thank you Anthony !!!

Life is good in Akron, Ohio

Hercules2 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 7, 2010, 13:34

hercules2……..how wonderful to see you pop in here and thanks so much for sharing some of your journey with us.

it seems that for many of us we spend some time in the ‘wilderness’ so to speak after we accept our sexuality. after some time some of us come back into spirituality……and its much broader…..more encompassing……certainly less judgmental……more richer.

thanks for your kind words………I have heard from so many readers of my autobiography saying that it was almost supernatural the way it arrived to them…….right time in their journey.

its nice to know now that you are using your experience to help others……..we once again have a sense of purpose.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
October 7, 2010, 18:14

Welcome hercules2

How great that you found hope and purpose and are now helping others! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

RAAF BLOKE

Joined in 2010
October 8, 2010, 06:04

Hi and welcome, Hercules2

It’s hard to believe there was a time when your sexuality was even allowed to be part of any application form.

I find it encouraging that you are now in a position to speak to others about discrimination and sexuality.

Would you ever consider re-applying for Bible College as a mature student?

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
November 9, 2010, 21:34

Hi Hercules2,

A welcome from moi to our/your forum … how is your journey in Ohio going?

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.