Forums

For the Bible Tells Me So

Page:   1 2

deafant

Joined in 2009
March 1, 2010, 22:05

Hi everybody, 🙂

I was watching Compass last nite, for those of you who arent familiar with this program it focuses on contemporary religious, philosophical and sometimes political issues.

Last night’s program was a doco entitled “For the Bible Tells Me So” thats been made about how five American Christian families have handled having a gay child.

It was deeply moving (I cried a lot in the last quarter of the film as such a lot resonated with me) to see how each family dealt with this and it deals with families coming out as parents of gay kids.

It was a very well done doco imho. Well worth watching – if you didnt see it last nite then it is available on Compass’ website on this page:

http://www.abc.net.au/compass/s2807909.htm

It will be there for 2 weeks so see it if you can see it, its a very worthwhile doco. It does run for 1hr and 38 mins tho, so make sure you give yourself time to watch it depending on your internet connection 🙂

Alternatively you can download it and watch it when you have time. I recommend downloading it – its so worth it.

I’d like to hear what others think of this 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
March 1, 2010, 22:59

Hi Ant

Yeah it’s a good film and one that’s often been recommended at this site. In fact I first saw it at a Melbourne f2b meeting.

Kizza

Joined in 2010
March 1, 2010, 23:12

Yep, it was a very good documentary and worth looking at. I asked my mum to watch it – awaiting her thoughts.

IanJ

Joined in 2009
March 1, 2010, 23:21

I would like to watch it but I can’t because I am currently overseas. Does anyone have a solution??

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
March 2, 2010, 13:33

Hey,

Yeah this is one of the best (if not the best) documentary out there about faith and sexuality. I have it on DVD and showed it to my parents about a year and a half ago and it transformed their lives.

It’s a really good resource. You can buy the DVD from the bookshop darlinghurst or online.

It makes me really happy to hear that it was shown on ABC….it deserves to be seen!!

Ben

deafant

Joined in 2009
March 2, 2010, 19:36

I would like to watch it but I can’t because I am currently overseas. Does anyone have a solution??

Hi Ian

Do you have access to the internet where you are? If so then just follow the directions in my initial post. You can download it to your own usb flash drive at an internet cafe and view it later on your computer/laptop.

Hope that helps 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 2, 2010, 23:25

we have shown this last year at both our sydney and meblourne freedom 2 b[e] meetings. I think I’ve seen almost everything in this genre……this is the best by far….hence all of its awards.

Ian…..I think that quite a number of Australian TV websites can’t be viewed overseas……licensing/copyright laws.

What I find strange is that this has been around now for quite some time…..and only now the ABC compass is picking it up. they seem to be quite slow on important LGBT issues.

deafant

Joined in 2009
March 6, 2010, 18:33

I had no idea about this being the case – thanks for making me aware of that AVB

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 7, 2010, 00:04

you are on the right newsletters now aren’t you deafant so you dont miss out on up coming events.

deafant

Joined in 2009
March 8, 2010, 21:08

Sorry I should have been clearer, what I meant was that I wasnt aware of the inability to view/download from tv websites here in other countries.

But to answer your question yes I am getting the appropriate newsletters – in fact I was at the last event here in Melbourne 🙂

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.057 seconds.