Forums

Freedom 2 B[e] Mardi Gras 2011 - Find Freedom

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 23, 2011, 07:50

Hey guys,

It’s fantastic to hear that you are excited to march with f2b in Mardi Gras 2011.

It will be held on Saturday March 5th 2011.

The theme this year for freedom 2 b[e] will be ‘find freedom’ – focusing on the journeys to freedom.

Ben

Ben Gresham

Freedom 2 b[e] – Sydney Youth Co-ordinator

E: [email protected]

W: http://www.bennygresham.blogspot.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/bengresham

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 23, 2011, 07:52

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your interest, and it will be great to have you joining Freedom 2 B[e] in the Mardi Gras parade on March 5th. If you are booking flights from interstate or overseas, please note there will be a special Freedom 2 B[e] meeting in the evening of March 4th to pickup the group t-shirts, meet others who will also be marching and to join us for a BBQ.

Alot of the planning for the night is still being done, but you should now be able to register to march with us by using the following link:

http://f2bmg2011.eventbrite.com

Shane

Sydney Events Co-Ordinator

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 23, 2011, 07:53

ok. i’ve registered.

Jason

“A man is not judged by his preference or the names he calls himself, but by his actions towards others”. Anonymous

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 23, 2011, 07:54

registered A little scary, but fear rarely stops me.

It’s funny, since I have come out I have gotten many messages, emails, encouragements all congratulating me on my newfound freedom. It’s the one consistent thing. I hadn’t thought of it like that before hand, but it is very true.

Mr Summit

“God made you gay because He thought you might enjoy it” – Candace Chellew-Hodge

Volunteer Moderator

Freedom 2 b[e] Forum

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 23, 2011, 07:57

It’s so good to hear that many people have reacted positively to you coming out, Mr. Summit. I had much the same response from my friends and family and it was very encouraging. Made me wonder why I waited so long.

Meg

Volunteer Moderator

Freedom 2 b[e] Forum

Do justice, love mercy and walk humby with your God. Micah 6:8

Love and Light Blog

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 23, 2011, 07:58

It’s encouraging to see that we have already had quite a number of people register to march.

That’s also great news, Mr Summit, looking forward to having you along to celebrate the freedom you have found, which fits in well with our theme for the group this year.

Shane

Sydney Events Co-Ordinator

ashtroboy

Joined in 2010
January 24, 2011, 16:25

Did you guys see the article posted on SAME SAME.COM?

Looks like our float title will be more relevant still!

CLICK HERE to read it

‘Opinion: Attack Mardi Gras and youattack freedom”

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 24, 2011, 18:06

Another reason people should march with us eh Ashtroboy……to counteract such ignorance, sensationalism and fearmongering.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 24, 2011, 21:47

Thanks for posting that article and video link, ashtroboy.

I feel sad for Peter Madden and hope God and the LGBT community can do a miracle in him. I can see he really believes in what he’s doing and has a heart for righteousness. … If only he could apply his desire for righteousness and reform to a good cause!

I agree with avb too. There’s so much emotive nonsense and totally incorrect information in his presentation. I haven’t been to Sydney MG but I’ve seen lots of footage and never viewed the drunkenness and debauchery he claims is there infecting young minds and bodies!! Sounds more like a crowd at the Grand Pris or some night spot with underage drinkers. I mean sure – there are some risque costumes that are not to everyone’s taste but I’ve found that was a very small minority. Mostly what I’ve seen, and especially at last year’s event, was pure love and people being set free and celebrating life and connection with their community. I certainly didn’t see young kids engaging in “sexual behaviours they couldn’t understand.”

Peter also said “We are our brother’s keeper” (!!?) He makes it sound like he has ownership over others. As far as I’m concerned, we don’t own anyone and it is not our place to be minding others’ business – that only tends to distract from minding our own. It is also not our roles to pick what we perceive as the specks from others’ eyes rather than seeing the logs in our own. So what about Peter looking at his own righteousness?

The 100 revs (pastors representing the church and saying sorry for the mistreatment of LGBT) and PFLAG people are particularly moving. That’s the unconditional love that is life changing and healing. And that’s a big part of what these events are about for myself and many others.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Boi70

Joined in 2007
January 26, 2011, 11:06

Well. It looks like things haven’t changed for some people for 35+ years in the Church! There are so many clich words i.e battle, that I have heard again and again in churches all over Australia. I just hope that someone just doesn’t take it as permission to do something to someone, whom they think is associated with the mardi gras parade – whether they are a participant or a spectator.

So much is being discussed in the US about emotionally or morally charged comments by political leaders or other advocates in the US and the link between this commentary or ‘battle cry’ and the recent attempted assassination of a US Congresswoman and the murder of others, who happened to be standing around that Congresswoman a few weeks ago.

I agree with what Ann Maree and AVB have said, too

And I found it interesting that Peter Madden said, ‘there are young people engaging in sexual acts, which they don’t understand’. I thought immediately, ‘well, does he understand these sexual acts himself’?’.

So many people are automatically fearful of things that they don’t understand.

I feel sad for Peter Madden and hope God and the LGBT community can do a miracle in him. I can see he really believes in what he’s doing and has a heart for righteousness. … If only he could apply his desire for righteousness and reform to a good cause!

I agree with avb too. There’s so much emotive nonsense and totally incorrect information in his presentation. I haven’t been to Sydney MG but I’ve seen lots of footage and never viewed the drunkenness and debauchery he claims is there infecting young minds and bodies!! Sounds more like a crowd at the Grand Pris or some night spot with underage drinkers. I mean sure – there are some risque costumes that are not to everyone’s taste but I’ve found that was a very small minority. Mostly what I’ve seen, and especially at last year’s event, was pure love and people being set free and celebrating life and connection with their community. I certainly didn’t see young kids engaging in “sexual behaviours they couldn’t understand.”

Peter also said “We are our brother’s keeper” (!!?) He makes it sound like he has ownership over others. As far as I’m concerned, we don’t own anyone and it is not our place to be minding others’ business – that only tends to distract from minding our own. It is also not our roles to pick what we perceive as the specks from others’ eyes rather than seeing the logs in our own. So what about Peter looking at his own righteousness?

The 100 revs (pastors representing the church and saying sorry for the mistreatment of LGBT) and PFLAG people are particularly moving. That’s the unconditional love that is life changing and healing. And that’s a big part of what these events are about for myself and many others.

I heard a comment a few years ago that really challenged me – ‘How can you show compassion to someone else, if you haven’t first shown compassion to yourself?’. It is funny how some people, in their pursuit of righteousness, forget about compassion and love for another human being.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.075 seconds.