Forums

Gay christian bible study or group? In melb?

Page: 1

joshua thomas

Joined in 2011
August 19, 2011, 15:28

Hey so I move to melb in sept 28, and wondering if anyone from here knows about or is about of a bible study our hang out group our anything along those lines for gay christians?

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
August 19, 2011, 23:55

Hey, Jayden – G’day! There are some gay churches and some gay friendly churches listed in our Resources section.

Being from Sydney, I’ve only attended one of the listed ones: Acts 2 Faith, which is a quite small, friendly charismatic fellowship. Hopefully, some of the Melbourne guys will post more info here.

Be sure to attend the Freedom2b Melbourne Chapter meetings. They are a great group of people. Some of those attending are involved in various churches and will be able to help you further with your request.

Trust that your move goes well and that you easily settle in. Cheers

jamesn

Joined in 2009
August 20, 2011, 10:27

Hi Jayden

Heaps available in Melbourne for LGBT people from faith backgrounds. We have a prayer meeting in our home once a fortnight. As forest grey mentioned there is Acts2Faith, which has just started a Bible study once a fortnight. There is also MCC Melbourne. Several Baptist churches are GLBT friendly as is Bayside Pentecostal church (to some degree). It depends what you are looking for. Private message me if you want more details.

RAAF BLOKE

Joined in 2010
August 22, 2011, 19:28

It might be worth your while checking out http://www.gaychristian.net if you haven’t already done so. There’s a few people in Melbourne you could connect with on there.

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
August 25, 2011, 21:23

Hi Jayden,

It’s great that you will soon be joining us in Melbourne! We are very lucky to have a vibrant,caring and connected community for you to access, if you so wish 🙂 others have made some suggestions of what’s available and there is lots of variety and some great inclusive church groups. We also have three amazing ministers who are part of Melbourne F2b! 😉 If you would like to be on the mailing list, for meeting updates, let me know. We also have F2b youth if your interested!

Cheers

Michelle

F2b President

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.028 seconds.