J

Joined in 2012
July 5, 2012, 02:56

Thanks Davidt!

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
July 5, 2012, 12:13

Hi Jordon,

First welcome to F2B. You are so marvellously brave to come out to your parents and to share you story on this forum. I was bought to tears by your father's reaction, a reaction of unconditional love for is son. From your comments is sounds like your mum has had a bit of a rough time with your brother. One thing you have to know about us mum's is we are pretty hard on ourselves and beat ourselves up a bit when it comes to our children. Always striving to be a better mum, when things go wrong, or our children go through times like you have mentioned, we think maybe we failed our children, we have let them down, what could we have done different. Give her sometime, as mentioned you have had time to work through this yourself, years to come to terms and adjust, parents need some time too. It most certainly doesn't mean she doesn't love you, she will always love you, you are her child.

I'm happy for your mum to PM me if she would like. She will also get some support, comfort, understanding, by just reading the many stories on this forum. They are inspiration to any who read them.

You are doing great 🙂

J

Joined in 2012
July 5, 2012, 12:42

Thanks Mother Hen!

When I told my mum she cried for a long time and I didn't know why. I thought it was something I did. Dad told her she needed to explain why she was crying because he said from a mother's standpoint it was more about the rejection I'm going to inevitably face in my lifetime, and like you said, perhaps how she let me down (with the homophobic slurs and such).

I think she's a lot more understanding now as of day 2. I think it'll take her a few years to fully understand it all but I have the patience 😀 thanks again for all the support

<3

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 5, 2012, 19:49

Hi Jordan

I should add too that Mother Hen is a straight Mum of faith who has a wonderful gay son here. And she has been an enormous support to him and to our community and could be a great support to your Mum if she's comfortable contacting her. Mothers understand mothers, you know..and Mother Hen is nurturing and it sounds like your Mum could do with some of that rather than beating herself up and feeling alone.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

J

Joined in 2012
July 5, 2012, 20:41

Thanks Ann Maree! I keep telling them about this awesome forum but I don't think they've seen it yet 🙁 I'll remind them again tomorrow

<3

Thanks for all the continued support! I love this place.

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
July 5, 2012, 20:53

Thanks Ann Maree for your lovely comments 🙂

Hi Jordon, I will be away for 8 weeks starting tomorrow but will have internet on and off. So if you mum does PM just let her know it may take a few days for me to reply but I will certainly reply and do my best to support your mum 🙂

God bless

J

Joined in 2012
July 5, 2012, 21:56

Oh nice! I hope you have a safe and fun trip! And thanks for letting me know 🙂

I'll let my mum know if she wants to sign up and needs some help. Thanks again!! <3

Have fun and God bless,

~Jordan

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.