Forums

Giant chasm between my faith & same sex attraction?

Page: 1

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
July 3, 2014, 10:49

Not sure if I'm actually lost in the chasm or just dwelling inbetween & looking on. Last year I moved next door to friends of mine, a lesbian couple. Being single & questioning many things about my faith & sexuality…I let my hair down a bit & relaxed with them.

I was still struggling inside & in my trust of them I shared the struggle. After that was constant pressure to just "make peace!" Made a huge mistake, after being pushing hard one day…I asked her to leave my house.

Regretted that immediately & have been apologizing for a few months now. I never meant to push them out of my life. It was a spare of the moment statement & they aren't forgiving me. I know it is their issue now not mine.

But with my new dog they have been a bit nasty & this has turned into a major neighborhood fued. Over that one mistake I made to open my mouth.

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
July 3, 2014, 11:00

So the clear outline of a giant chasm has been brought to my attention. They aren't Christian people & that is fine. Maybe it is just the chasm of the distance between the world & Christ. Funny thing I'm not convinced I'm lost. My faith in God is growing stronger. Because these past weeks have been terrifying & I needed Him.

In my heart I know that the closer I draw to Him the further away they may want to be. And amazingly I'm at peace with that. And finding even more freedom typing this! 🙂

My faith in God can't be removed. He is my rock.

I am also happy to be single right now. So my faith & sexuality are at peace right now. What happens down the track, can stay down the track.

My encouragement is, love God, love yourself & appreciate the now. Thanks for your prayers & support Freedom2be xo

cheval319

Joined in 2014
July 4, 2014, 18:50

I'm sorry.

Praying for peace and resolution for you.

Congratulations on the dog! I have a labrador.

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
July 5, 2014, 21:16

Thank u so much. I love labs. Our family had one when I was a teenager. I've decided to rehouse my ex racing greyhound I rescued. I just want to live a simple peaceful life. And so far bringing him home with me has caused nothing but trouble. And sadly it's not his fault. Or mine! Which my neighbour would find hard to believe. Anyway, I feel like this is best for him. Oh well

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
October 23, 2014, 07:29

Ok, just wondering here if my responses to my neighbours have been wrong, seen as no one has wanted to reply. Not sure. I'm not feeling great. Maybe I am that religious freak. I'm not looking for pity but seriously need a way through here. Maybe I've really stuffed up. But you know, I've never been told before that I'm a user. And that I am a religious freak that no one else on this earth agrees with. She said that her GP & friends & family have said for ages that we shouldn't be friends. I feel small. Who am I really?

A housemate once told me God loves you, but I don't. Maybe this is why I stay away from others. I seem to make trouble for myself. Can you see something I don't?

Sophia Chokhmah

Joined in 2011
October 23, 2014, 14:08

I don't have the wisdom to make a helpful comment, but I want you to know I have read your post and will pray. I am sure others will reply too 🙂

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
October 24, 2014, 09:16

I'm so sorry, it sounded like I was demanding support. Thanks u for your prayers. I have found that I have many people who care about me in this situation & I'm grateful. Some of the agony involved here I need to carry on my own unfortunately. I live on my own, while my neighbours have each other. Unkind of them to speak like they have to me. But forgiveness is the only out working here. It's hard to turn the other cheek. Please help me Lord. He's the only one who knows my wicked heart & can send His peace anyway. Have mercy on me

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
October 24, 2014, 09:18

Please believe me, I haven't done anything wrong

cheval319

Joined in 2014
October 24, 2014, 21:14

I'm sorry this is so ongoing painful for you.

Some people do think we're religious freaks and want nothing to do with us. You can't do anything about that.

If you regularly have relationship difficulties and want to explore that, find a professional psychologist. Sometimes we just need to talk through the problems in detail and get a bit of outside perspective to see what's happening and why.

Hugs to you.

miss.muppet

Joined in 2011
October 24, 2014, 21:52

This isn't a regular thing for me. I'm sorry yep you're right, stick to the professionals.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.078 seconds.