Forums

GM 50--Preacher's kid who learned to accept those who don't accept him

Page:   1 2 3 4

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 31, 2010, 16:19

Yeah it is a sad painting. Man does not live by bread alone…

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 2, 2010, 21:59

Just to add to the meal theme…….at our freedom 2 b[e] chapter meetings…….the place that I believe that is most valuable for people is not so much the meeting ……but the meal we have together afterwards.

It never ceases to amaze me that we have all these strangers in the one room…….and what do they do……talk talk talk……mostly for the first time about their experience and other things they know they can’t talk about in a gay bar.

For many I think this is their place of healing.

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
February 2, 2010, 22:18

Just to add to the meal theme…….at our freedom 2 b[e] chapter meetings…….the place that I believe that is most valuable for people is not so much the meeting ……but the meal we have together afterwards.

It never ceases to amaze me that we have all these strangers in the one room…….and what do they do……talk talk talk……mostly for the first time about their experience and other things they know they can’t talk about in a gay bar.

For many I think this is their place of healing.

I can certainly vouch for that! Amen :bigsmile:

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 3, 2010, 10:20

thought you would mobileguy.. 😀 😀 😀 ….see you Friday night.

straight-friendly

Joined in 2008
February 6, 2010, 13:31

AVB, I pray the day will come soon when I can sit with all of you at your table, hear your stories, and share your joy. There’s a great old song we used to sing that went:

Come over here

Where the table is spread

And the feast of the Lord is going on…

Subsequent verses:

Joy over here…

Love over here…

There’s healing here…

That’s how I picture your meetings and suppers together.

Page:   1 2 3 4

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.061 seconds.