Forums

Grace for Gays: Is Hillsong church changing its position on homosexuality?

Page: 1

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
August 22, 2013, 09:21

Hi all,

I wrote a blog post yesterday about what happened at Hillsong church on the weekend. The church is moving forward very slowly when it comes to homosexuality and only ever takes very small steps. Is this the church's biggest step yet?

Read my blog post about what Brian Houston said during his 'Scandal of Grace' message over the weekend. It can be found at http://www.bennygresham.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/grace-for-gays-is-hillsong-church.html

Let me know what you think?

Ben

Dragunov

Joined in 2013
August 22, 2013, 20:32

I would wait for an official statement from the church, or a group of leaders, rather than the opinion of one man; to determine its stance on homosexuality. Very good on him for speaking out though.

jayg

Joined in 2012
August 22, 2013, 22:11

Its a small step in the right direction !

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
August 28, 2013, 13:12

Thank you Ben 🙂

outnproud

Joined in 2011
August 28, 2013, 13:16

All big changes began with small steps. I see this as a very positive sign that one of the biggest Christian groups may be moving in new directions. And yes there will be hiccups and backward steps along the way, but let us all pray for them as they dare to listen to God's Spirit

heather c

Joined in 2013
August 28, 2013, 21:30

As a transgender woman I am interested to know where we fit into all this…..I am going to a church in west melbourne and their mission statement reads like this..".The footscray Baptist church celebrates the God given diversity of cultures.We welcome you to join us in the journey of faith whatever your race,religion,capability,gender or sexuality" and I think that sames it up quite well… Why has the Church taken so long to get passed all this P.C.B.S……I am very happy and made welcome at this church, so you can be GLBTI and still have a relationship with God…..And I hope and pray that more Churches do the same and realize we are normal people with the same everyday problem as everyone have….H

Lisey

Joined in 2013
August 31, 2013, 20:56

"From little things, big things grow. " Paul Kelly

outnproud

Joined in 2011
September 2, 2013, 12:37

All strength to Footscray Baptist- I know there are other Baptist churches in Melbourne who take a similar position. Unfortunately here in Perth no Baptist church has been brave enough to take this step, but it will come! I believe that the Holy Spirit is leading the church into new understandings of the gospel of grace.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.