Forums

Heather"s Story

Page: 1

heather c

Joined in 2013
August 5, 2013, 15:29

Hi my name is Heather and I am from New Zealand and have been living in Victoria for a year.I am transgender and proud to be so but it has come at a cost.I am still married and have four children who are still back in NZ..You could say I have always felt that I should of been born female but wasn't so, all my life there was the question what if and how would my life had been different if I had been born female. So starting cross dressing at an early age and most of my life not knowing what to do or who would understand how I felt.So for 40 years living a lie about who I was and putting up a front to these around me.

Any way fast forward till july last year and telling my wife and children that I wanted to live the rest of my life as a transgender woman not only that but walking away from God as well. Leaving my job in north east Victoria and moving to Melbourne 12 weeks ago to live fulltime but unable to find any work has been hard and a lonely time and not knowing how to or weather my family will accepted me for who I am now ,and can I still have a relationship with them and God again…..

Anyway finding freedom2b I am hoping by chatting and meeting with others here I can find answers to the question I have and maybe find new friends.. so would love to hear from you soon….H

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
August 5, 2013, 16:23

Hi Heather

A big welcome to f2b. 🙂

You are going through some huge transitions and have shown a lot of courage in coming out to your wife and children. Good on you! 🙂

Looking forward to hearing more from you. There are lots of stories of courage and triumph here, aspects of which you may be able to relate to.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
August 7, 2013, 11:26

Hi Heather,

Welcome to the forum 🙂

I look forward to meeting you at our next Melbourne meeting!

Warm regards

Michelle

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
August 10, 2013, 21:14

Hi Heather,

Welcome to F2B, you have come to the right place. This group is awesome 🙂

God Bless

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 1, 2013, 23:12

Hi heather…..many of the large corporates nowadays have diversity policies and LGBT groups within their organizations. I know of a number of people who transition whilst working for these companies and were supported through the process. At the bottom of this page you will find some of the companies. http://www.prideindiversity.com.au/list-of-members/. One transgender person saying to me that if it wasn't for the support she had at NRMA she wouldn't be here. Amazing.I am not sure what you work history/skills/experience is but contacting Pride in Diversity might be a good step.

sarab

Joined in 2011
October 2, 2013, 20:29

I echo the welcome of others here Heather and also particularly echo what Anthony has said. I met someone recently who had enormous support from Westpac as she transitioned in her workplace.

I think you will also find many on this forum who have been through or are going through the process of figuring out where God fits in with a newer understanding of oneself. Someone said to me once that perhaps God expects less of us than we expect of ourselves – in a nutshell – God loves us for who we are – pure and simple. I hope you can take some comfort in that.

Please use the forum to ask your questions, to share your journey and to know that there are many people who have all had their own challenges, doubts and questions.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Sarab

jamesn

Joined in 2009
October 5, 2013, 09:55

Hi Heather

Things really will get better, although it might take some time. Do all you can to meet new people in Melbourne – you never know what might be around the corner!

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.039 seconds.