Joined in 2006
October 14, 2008, 20:29

LOL 😆

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
October 15, 2008, 07:40

Considering the topic at hand, its going really well with the dialogue… 😉

Dialogue!!!! theres that word again Sandy, I think I will change my vocab for when people ask me what I did today…… “what did you do today Mags?” “oh I went shopping and then dialogued with the check out chick and then the bus conducter for a ticket on the way home” 😉 ( I could be alone in seeing the humour in this…….is that crickets I hear 😯 )

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
October 16, 2008, 17:58

I too was in a church like the one you came from. It is hard to understand heaven/hell when you are taught such a black/white point of view! I know that God loves me and that helps me to simplify what can be quite complicated thoughts/feelings. It has angered me in the past how pastors took such liberty with scriptural interpretations and that people were so misdirected. My first pastor once told me “know what you believe and why you believe it” This has been a great comfort to me in many situations as it applies to any belief system.

Im still not where i would hope to be but it is a journey that i believe he is with me on! 😀

Cheers Michelle

magsdee
Disabled
Joined in 2006
October 16, 2008, 18:21

Great words of wisdom from that Pastor.

inertia

Joined in 2008
October 16, 2008, 18:44

know what you believe and why you believe it

Yeah I like it – I think that’s where that sense of authenticity and peace comes from…

I have been doing some very interesting reading on this topic! After looking into Bishop Pearson’s ministry etc. and it’s not like they purport to know all the “answers” but they outline what they believe and why they believe it re: “inclusion” doctrine. Some of this makes a lot of sense to me, and I guess I didn’t post here to have an argument about which view is “right” and which view is “wrong” (there’s that black and white stuff again) but it certainly is great to get some other perspectives than the one traditionally shoved down our throat!

Call me strange but this is starting to kinda excite me that there is more than one view out there… on all sorts of things! Who’s to say… in a lot of ways we can only be guided with our heart, and our head…

http://www.inclusion.ws/

[Particularly the FAQ page to begin with and then the Theology page…]

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 17, 2008, 10:40

is this the way of the future i hear you ask. 😆

Sandy

Joined in 2007
October 17, 2008, 11:43

Call me a… well call me whatever you like really but I still want answers… with graphs and diagrams and numbers and stuff. Living in the mystery is for people who can sit on hilltops and argue philosophy. Preferably not at the same time because someone might get pushed down the hill… people are really passionate about philsophy I have gathered. 😆 😉

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.052 seconds.