Forums

Hello again

Page:   1 2

Thingymabobie

Joined in 2011
May 14, 2012, 14:48

That could be very interesting!!! Although…I must admit, as someone who is not "out", the prospect is a bit scarey.

And yes, maybe two whole degrees was being a bit generous haha.

axiom

Joined in 2009
May 15, 2012, 12:46

hey Thingymabobie

Lots of us are not out or only out to some, so your privacy will be respected.And the Canberra lot are quite used to the acknowledging nod without saying anything awkward when in public. Particularly those of us in the public circus like orfeo and I.

Thingymabobie

Joined in 2011
May 15, 2012, 13:53

Saweeeet…

Didn't realise there was so many Canberra peeps on here! Do ya'll go to church somewhere?

orfeo

Joined in 2007
May 15, 2012, 17:58

Goodness! I seem to have unearthed Canberra people rapidly!

There used to be a grand total of 4 of us who would meet semi-regularly for a chat/Bible study/dinner… at the house of 2 of the 4! And then I've also met axiom in person once… that was a fair while ago.

On the question of going to church… um, yes, very occasionally at St Stephen's in Kambah. But… I don't like the preaching style of the 'new' minister much (new? he's been there for a year and a half probably!) and so I'm considering moving elsewhere. I just have no idea where that might be. Going back to my previous church is one possibility, but that's got some potential baggage (obviously, otherwise why would it be my 'previous' church? Hehe.)

orfeo

Joined in 2007
May 15, 2012, 18:00

Quote from forestgrey on May 9, 2012, 10:44 pm

Hey, Canberra! There's a few folk from down your way on the Forum list. Maybe not enough to have a full Chapter, but I was recently thinking whether some of us from the Sydney Chapter might be able to join with you for an occasional get-together of some kind.

Flick me an email at [email protected] if interested and I'll raise it with the Sydney Chapter leadership.

Berrima won't know what hit it. 😉

axiom

Joined in 2009
May 17, 2012, 08:53

But what would the girls do in Berrima? Surely you are not suggesting pottery shopping for us ??? ( yes, yes I am joking orfeo)

jsnow

Joined in 2012
May 23, 2012, 20:04

Hi there,

Another Canberran here. Would be keen to catch up if anything is organised.

(Long time lurker, first time poster)

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
May 25, 2012, 02:57

Welcome jsnow. Good to have you officially on-board. Now that you are no longer a lurker, give consideration to sharing your story. It's all part of how we encourage each other. Cheers ~ david

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.05 seconds.