Forums

Hello again

Page:   1 2

orfeo

Joined in 2007
April 29, 2012, 01:52

Hi there folks… did you miss me?

It's been a while. To put it mildly!

I went away for a bit, then when I came back at one point there was some odd problem with my login, and then I wandered off again. Have occasionally thought of this place because I still get the news e-mails. Haven't had any contact with any freedom2b-type people for, oh, probably 18 months or more?

So, what'd I miss?

And does anything ever happen in Canberra, or is still the case that I'd have to make a pilgrimage to Sydney to make a f2b meeting? Might actually consider it…

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
April 29, 2012, 10:02

Hi orfeo

It's great to hear from you again! 🙂 How's things?

Unfortunately we don't have meetings in Canberra yet. The Brisbane chapter started last year and has been very successful.

Meanwhile, you would have noticed a few changes to the f2b site. This new revamped one was introduced in December last year and I think it looks a lot more fresh and modern. We are still ironing out a few technical issues as we go along but webmeister, Chris, has done a remarkable job setting it up.

We have a few parents who actively support us and proudly marched at Mardi Gras this year. Some of their experiences can be read about in the Friends, Family and Supporters section.

Those are some of the main events to bring you up to date..

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

orfeo

Joined in 2007
April 29, 2012, 11:04

How's things?

Things are… interesting! I recently finished a year's worth of (part-time) university study, which I hadn't really wanted to do but it was required for work. So having that out of the way has given me a real sense of "okay, so what's next". It's as if I can get back to my life, and I have to figure out what on earth to do with it.

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
May 6, 2012, 19:26

Hi Orfeo

If you don't remember me from your previous times on the forum then g'day! I stepped into the President role almost a year ago and am enjoying the challenge greatly! It would be lovely to meet you in person at some point.

Warm regards

Michelle

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
May 6, 2012, 20:20

Hi orfeo

Yes I recall that feeling of relief yet emptiness once a course of study is finished. It's a kind of anticlimax, with the need to fill the new found space with something else.

While you were away, Anthony Venn Brown resigned as President. Anthony still visits us at times and has expanded his advocating and ambassadorship roles for the LGBTI community. And as Michelle mentioned, she has taken on the role of President while still faithfully leading the Melbourne Chapter meetings with partner, Linda.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Thingymabobie

Joined in 2011
May 8, 2012, 21:10

I'm a canberra guy! Would be much easier if there was something closer, hey?

Although, Canberra is a bit to small, with 2 degrees of seperation…

lover_in_aus

Joined in 2012
May 8, 2012, 21:47

Maybe all the Canberra guys should meet somewhere soon to interact with each other.

axiom

Joined in 2009
May 9, 2012, 13:50

Hey Orfeo

Like you I drop in and out from time to time, and have just finished some part time study. We should maybe try and get the Canberrans to catch up for a coffee or something as has been suggested.

Good to hear you are still in the land of the living!

Axiom

axiom

Joined in 2009
May 9, 2012, 13:52

Quote from Thingymabobie on May 8, 2012, 9:10 pm

I'm a canberra guy! Would be much easier if there was something closer, hey?

Although, Canberra is a bit to small, with 2 degrees of seperation…

What ?2 whole degrees of spearation in Canberra…. I keep tripping over people I know! More like 1 degree!

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
May 9, 2012, 22:44

Hey, Canberra! There's a few folk from down your way on the Forum list. Maybe not enough to have a full Chapter, but I was recently thinking whether some of us from the Sydney Chapter might be able to join with you for an occasional get-together of some kind.

Flick me an email at [email protected] if interested and I'll raise it with the Sydney Chapter leadership.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.073 seconds.