Forums

Hello again

Page: 1

Liz

Joined in 2011
December 28, 2012, 16:32

Hi everyone, I haven't been around since I think June, so thought I'd say hi again as I would love to start joining in the forums again!

I want to thank you all for the amazing support you gave me when I initially joined freedom2b, it really made a difference to me and helped me get through a really difficult time. Since then so much has changed! My baby is one now, I've moved house, am out to most of my friends and some of my family, and am in a new relationship.

Being in a relationship was tricky at first, especially as it is a straight relationship. This made me question again who I was, and whether I was 'really' bisexual, but it also led to me having a greater acceptance of who I am. My partner didn't have any problem with me coming out to him, and has been very supportive; he is from a country where homosexual activity is illegal though, so he still struggles with this at times. This experience has led me to be more honest with myself…for me being bisexual or gay is not about defining my entire identity through who I am sexually attracted to. It is a part of who I am, but not the only part that matters, and I am no less who I am if I am in a relationship with a man or a woman.

This has made it a bit harder to come out to my parents though….I think they breathed a big sigh of relief when I told them about my partner. They had been seriously worried about me 'catching the gay' from my lesbian friends. Meanwhile, these lesbian friends were egging me on and sighing about how romantic my partner was being!! My father is also now the minister of an Independant Anglican church who split from the Anglican church in my home town because of the church's position towards lgbt and women ministers :/ So that one will take some work.

But overall life is calmer now, and I'm much happier. I'd love to attend a Brisbane event, but with the kids it is a bit hard. I'm looking forward to joining in the group a bit more, you have all been so wonderful!

Bless you all, Liz

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
December 28, 2012, 23:03

Hi Liz

It's wonderful to hear from you again! 🙂

Wow – you've made some changes, haven't you? It sounds like you have some good supports in your life.. and great that you do and can focus on those rather than have too many hopes re your father, given his current theological position! 🙂

The Brisbane f2b group will be glad to hear from you I'm sure. 🙂

I hope 2013 is a fabulous year for you. Wishing you peace, love and joy. 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
January 2, 2013, 23:39

Hi Liz

Lovely to hear things are going well for you 🙂 Hopefully you can get along to the Brissy meetings sometime.

Warm regards

Michelle

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
January 3, 2013, 16:14

Hi Liz,

Great to hear from you again. The Brissy people are a great bunch of people and I know they would love to see you at one of their meetings. Hubby and I went last month and had the pleasure of meeting Michelle 🙂 Contact one of the leaders for more information.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.03 seconds.