Forums

HELP Please

Page:   1 2 3

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 14, 2010, 17:13

Hi Yowee

Do you need to have the last word with this person? I mean I get why it was suggested, as a way of allowing you to take your power back. I guess you have to assess if replying will achieve that for you….it may do … or sometimes it’s better to walk away rather than possibly expose yourself to more emails that may come your way.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

yep…….sometimes blocking the person or just deleting the offending email is taking back your power. By engaging at any level with the person themselves is empowering them and upsetting us.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 14, 2010, 17:16

Hi avb

I agree – no need to reply. You’ve been handed over to your sin as have we all in this guy’s eyes! Nice of him to offer to pray for you though. 😉 hehe

yep…..if i was going to reply then I’d simply say thank you for your prayers……but then I run the risk of sounding sarcastic……and I always like to treat others as I want to be treated myself…….with respect.

Yowee

Joined in 2005
May 14, 2010, 20:32

I guess at the end of the day the reason this affects me so much is because of the hurt its caused in my life and I feel that I have to justify why I should live. Furthermore, my mum is part of Gap Fillers (a support group of parents that pray that their children will become straight), this group is run through Liberty Inc in Brisbane which is part of Exodus Ministries.

I have given my mum the contact details for PFLAG but she chooses to rather be associated with Gap Fillers instead.

How do I deal with this so it stops affecting me this way?

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
May 14, 2010, 21:52

What to do with his email ……HIT DELETE!….

Thank God for the DELETE key 😀 😀 😀

I know exactly what you’re going through Johann … I got another email today from a former church associate … it’s difficult when they want to try and “convert” you to being straight or want to bring you back into their “fold” :~

I pray that God gives you the strength and peace to move forward and not let this be a burden for you …

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
May 15, 2010, 01:08

Hi Yowee

Yes I echo Pierre’s prayer sentiments for you..

In answer to your question, keep talking to positive people who are non judgmental and supportive of you, increasing your exposure to those sources as much as possible. Reduce or cut out contact with negative people. Do things you enjoy that make you feel nurtured and happy. And if you need professional support, seek that as well.

My Mum once said to me: “Ask yourself only one question: Is this good for me? And if it is, stick with it. If not, walk away. What’s good for you usually works out to be good for others.” Very wise and true advice I think.

Keep us posted.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
May 15, 2010, 17:02

Wow! This is a “full-on” thread at the moment! As a woman who has come from a very fundamental church background I can ssoooo relate to the ‘close minded, legalistic, self righteous christian baloney’ that is being spewed from the mouths of some people! ( BUT for the grace of God there goes I 8) ) When you are that person there is nothing that can be said to make you think any differently. It takes a revelation, sometimes from God and sometimes from experiences, to change your perspective. This guy needs to really know an LGBT person to have his heart changed before we can even start having conversations regarding what the bible actually says about homosexuality. 🙂

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 15, 2010, 18:17

I guess at the end of the day the reason this affects me so much is because of the hurt its caused in my life and I feel that I have to justify why I should live. Furthermore, my mum is part of Gap Fillers (a support group of parents that pray that their children will become straight), this group is run through Liberty Inc in Brisbane which is part of Exodus Ministries.

I have given my mum the contact details for PFLAG but she chooses to rather be associated with Gap Fillers instead.

OMG……I met a girl at the LGBT national health conference in Sydney the other week whose parents are also a part of gap fillers I think. I had not heard of it before……..its like PFOX.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 15, 2010, 18:29

Remember that this is their ‘stuff’ not yours……and forgive them for their ignorance and judgmental attitude.

I also often remind myself also that I was once ignorant and judgmental……and Jesus words ‘he who is without sin cast the first stone’

…..and also….remind myself of the place of resolution I’ve found…..and that nothing or nobody will ever rob me of that.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.” — Eleanor Roosevelt

Hope that helps

Yowee

Joined in 2005
May 15, 2010, 21:35

OMG……I met a girl at the LGBT national health conference in Sydney the other week whose parents are also a part of gap fillers I think. I had not heard of it before……..its like PFOX.

What’s PFOX?

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
May 16, 2010, 17:26

PFOX……..its the ex-gay equivalent of PFLAG……it stands for parents and friends of ex-gays.

the crazy pillow bashing man cuddling ex-gay ‘therapist’ Richard Cohen used to be involved in it.

Page:   1 2 3

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.076 seconds.