Forums

Hi Everybody

Page:   1 2

GBOY

Joined in 2012
May 31, 2012, 20:34

Hi everybody. I`m GG and I wanted to introduce myself. I`m not sure if here is the right place as I`m new to this community. Let me know if it is not, please.

I am a brazilian who moved to Sydney and I`m from a baptist background but I was always feeling guilty for being gay. I`m here and found this webpage and I`m wondering if I can meet people and make friends. Sometimes I feel very lonely here. If someone is available to give directions about how this community works I would appreciate it.

Cheers,

GG

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
May 31, 2012, 20:57

Hi GG

Welcome to f2b! How did you find us?

Have a read through the stories in the Telling our Stories section and you will probably find things you can relate with. We also have a chapter meeting in Sydney that you can attend. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. 🙂

Feel free to also post your story in the Telling our stories section.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Brunski

Joined in 2005
May 31, 2012, 21:06

Hi GG,

welcome to the f2b community & thanks for introducing yourself. I hope that you will find the support and encouragement you seek, here in this community. As Ann Maree says, take time have a read through some of the stories and discussions, feel free to ask anything and share whatever you feel comfortable with. Or simply hang in the background so to speak and have a read of other people's posts until you feel comfortable enough to join in.

This is a very welcoming and friendly, non-judgemental and supportive community. I am sure that you will find other people here who have similar stories to your own, whatever that may be. And I am sure that you will find this community very helpful and supportive.

God bless,

Brunski

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
May 31, 2012, 21:54

Hi GG!

Welcome to freedom2b. This is a wonderful community of people from similar backgrounds. I really do hope that you will feel welcome here. 🙂

I live in Sydney too and I'm one of the Sydney Chapter leaders. If you would like to meet more people then you should come along to one of our meetings. Our next meeting is tomorrow night (Friday 1 June) and we hold meetings on the first friday of each month.

You can also join our facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/freedom2bGlobal

Hope to see you soon!

Ben

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
May 31, 2012, 21:55

Hi GG

and welcome !!

Mother Hen

Joined in 2011
June 1, 2012, 09:00

Hi GG

Welcome to F2B. I also encourage you to go to a F2B meeting if you can. They really are a great bunch of wonderful supportive people. They have a lot of fun.

God Bless

GBOY

Joined in 2012
June 1, 2012, 12:37

Thank you everyboy for the warmest reply, so far. I heard about this website when I was reading an article about a meeting tomorrow at Acon with The Reverend Matt Glover, so I thought I could check this web page and try to find someone to talk to. HillsBen, It will be good to join you in your weekly meeting. I can not make it this Friday but next week I`ll be there. I`m in Glebe, where is the meeting?

Once again thank you ALL for nice welcome !!

GG

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
June 1, 2012, 14:30

Mate

The Main meetings are once a month

Details for them can be found here http://www.freedom2b.org/rsvpmaker/

Click on the following link for the map to see where they are : http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=414+Elizabeth+Street,+Sydney,+New+South+Wales&hl=en&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=62.298758,114.169922&z=17 (not far from Central railway station)

There is also a Newsletter that comes out once a month (emailed) and meeting information is also posted to the Facebook page that Hillsben mentioned.

There are occasional other events but they will be mentioned on the FB page and/or website.

Thingymabobie

Joined in 2011
June 2, 2012, 14:45

Hi GG!

I don't live in Sydney, but visit every now and then:) The Freedom2b guys are some of the friendliest and most welcoming people you will meet:) It can be pretty scarey going to your first meeting, I know I walked past the door about 5 times before I decided to actually go in. I'm glad I did though. I have found this place to be a community of great support 🙂 If I were living closer, I'd definitely go to the regular meetings.

I'd encourage you to post your story and recieve some encouragement from everyone 🙂

Thingy

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
June 5, 2012, 15:48

GBOY – G'day! My welcome to you too. There are a few LGBTI-friendly churches in Sydney – some of our Sydney freedom2b folk go to them. If you want more info, post a message here, or send a Private Message to HillsBen or myself. Hope we will see you at a Sydney Chapter meeting soon – usually the first Friday of the month. Now that you have registered here, you should get the monthly e-news.

God bless ~ david

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.035 seconds.