Forums

Holidays in Perspective

Page: 1

Jayindieburg

Joined in 2008
December 2, 2013, 05:38

Hi everyone. Happy Holidays. A week ago I wrote a post titled Holiday Blues. I was really having a hard go of the holiday season and you guys gave me encouraging words and advice and I took them and actually followed the advice. Yes it helped to tell others about my grieving, including you guys and I allowed myself to be sad and feel the emotions I needed with the grieving process. THEN one of the strangest things happened and Holiday Perspective came from the most peculiar place, a television series called "Sleepy Hollow. In FOX's version of the tale of Ichabod Crane and the Headless horseman, Ichabod Crane known as "Crane" has woken up 200 years later and helps solve the mysteries of Sleepy Hollow. After solving one with the women detective he is partnered with, through destiny as well as fate, they discover the woman detective's ancestor had delivered his Son and helped the Mother and child both escape from an evil situation. As the show ended the detective went to invite Crane to Thanksgiving and found him alone looking over historical collections and remembering his own Father and grieving his lost from the past. His Destiny has not turned out as he thought but still he was sad and grieving his family which had not lived for over 200 yrs.

Being in a "strange place" both physically and mentally the woman detective tells him that the Holidays are for reflection of what was, seeing what you have right now in front of you, and looking forward to experiencing the future with those around us. WOW!!! That puts the Holiday's in the right perspective.

May you all reflect on the memories of the past, Recognize what you have right now in front of you and celebrate, and Look forward to all that is in store for experiencing with those around you.

Thanks again F2B

Jay

Eric Lee

Joined in 2011
December 5, 2013, 15:40

Thanks for sharing the story. Very encouraging. I haven't seen the movie yet – but I'm glad it turned out to be a positive influence. I'm looking forward for my holiday too! May peace be with you always.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.043 seconds.