Forums

'Homosexuality & Religion' - radio discussion

Page: 1

forestgrey
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2008
March 15, 2010, 21:14

About 50 mins discussion with some talkback last night (Sun 14th) on the religion programme on ABC local radio (broadcast nationally).

Guests were pastors Mike Hercock, Rob Buckingham & Cath McKinney. Nothing particularly new but easy-going approach. Only a couple of ‘anti’ callers in the talkback – and soon straightened out. (Well, I suppose ‘unstraightened’ would be better!)

Is usually available as a podcast. TRY: http://www.abc.net.au/sundaynights/stories/s2845471.htm

Bless ya!

iplantolive

Joined in 2008
March 15, 2010, 21:26

Thanks forestgrey for letting us know about this.

It’s great to see that the topic is being picked up by mainstream radio, although I imagine with Mardi Gras just gone it may have been planned to coincide. Good to see MIke and Rob representing and supporting us again!

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
March 15, 2010, 22:14

I will check this out. Thanks

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
March 15, 2010, 23:49

Thanks forestgrey

I was really encouraged by this message and needed to hear it. I was struck by the gentleness, love, humility and open mindedness of the pastors involved. I also think they handled the callers’ comments and questions really well, with a lot of wisdom. I hope others find healing in listening to the program as I have.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

oooooo

Joined in 2006
March 16, 2010, 17:52

This is great.

I think many pastors and other church leaders as well as the basic christian should listen to this and would be so interesting to see how they feel.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
March 17, 2010, 13:19

I listened to the interview yesterday and was impressed with the way that both the presenter, and the participants handled this discussion. Especially liked their response to one caller who referred to LGBT people as “these people” the response from the panel was lovingly firm and highlighted how that promotes an “Us versus Them” mentality and is not helpful to the conversation.

It was good. A little too late, for me personally, but good.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
March 17, 2010, 17:47

yep…..as the conference title suggested…..a different conversation is being had.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
March 24, 2010, 08:07

This is a great interview and one I hope more people hear.

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.039 seconds.