Forums

How Come a Straight, Married Baptist Pastor Hangs Out With Gay People?

Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
July 20, 2010, 20:57

great to meet you face to face on Saturday……you remind me of someone……….oh thats right……Jesus.

RaulG

Joined in 2010
July 20, 2010, 21:39

Dear Reverend,

Straight Christian minister meet Straight Christian apologist. Glad to meet you! Thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us!

It’s always good to see a fellow heterosexual standing up for our LGBT brothers and sisters and our faith!

Yours,

Raul

davidt

Joined in 2009
July 20, 2010, 22:17

Hi Rev

It is wonderful God has given you this aspect to your ministry and I can’t thank you enough. I am absolutely sure God will use you.

You may be interested to read a great book by Andrew Marin called “Love is an Orientation”. He is straight and God gave him a wonderful ministry to us gay people. It is a good book on how to build bridges between the evangelical church and the gay community. He has had extensive experience in this area and has a real “Jesus” heart.

I was a Baptist Pastor and missionary myself. I was born gay but I have left the church, because of how I was treated over many years. Now I have left the church, I am discovering all these wonderful fruit of the Spirit like love, joy and peace. Life is great.

JaydWoods

Joined in 2010
July 23, 2010, 08:38

Very inspirational story. I much enjoyed reading it. I am glad you were able to build some bridges between religion and sexuality. I highly doubt that homosexuals would be so likely to destroy religion if more religions accepted homosexuality.

mrg

Joined in 2010
July 28, 2010, 12:40

great to meet you face to face on Saturday……you remind me of someone……….oh thats right……Jesus.

Thanks for the encouragement AVB, but I’m not sure I deserve a compliment such as this.

Michelle
President
Joined in 2008
July 28, 2010, 23:35

Hey Rev MRG! We so enjoy you being a part of the Melbourne F2b meetings and your presence and input are always welcomed and appreciated. 🙂

steveo

Joined in 2010
August 4, 2010, 19:15

Hey Rev

Great meeting you in person last week. You inspired me in my attempt to chart a life course that can honour the love I have for my wife and and children, whilst being open and out about my sexual orientation.

Thanks for your awesome heart, for us on the fringe of christianity.

mrg

Joined in 2010
August 5, 2010, 22:26

My pleasure SteveO!

It was great to meet you, hear your story, and and explore those big questions together.

Praying for you as you continue the journey…

mrg

🙂

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.047 seconds.