Forums

How?

Page: 1

Mags

Joined in 2012
July 9, 2012, 09:24

How can I move past the shame I feel because I love women? I am hurting so much I need to to know someone cares. No one gives me hugs or lets me just talk. What does love feel like?

ShadowBoxer
Joined in 2005
July 9, 2012, 19:41

Mags

Im not the best person to help with such a post – but I did want to say that you are not alone – many of us have been there.

Im not in a wheelchair but I have my own set of health and physical issues so I can empathise a little and something that all these people say – better than I ever could

http://www.itgetsbetter.org/#

Have a look at some of those videos.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
July 9, 2012, 19:59

Hi Mags

Sadly, many of us have felt shame simply for being who we are. The good news however is that we have been able to move past that over time with the help of resources like f2b and other supports, like counselling.

What supports do you have in your life? I would suggest that you try increasing these as much as possible, spending more time with supportive and accepting others which will help build your own inner acceptance. Have you thought of seeking some counselling?

As Shadow Boxer said, it does get better but it takes a little time to work through our inner demons.

I know it's not the same but I'm sending you a virtual hug.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

J

Joined in 2012
July 10, 2012, 07:00

Hey Mags 🙂

I too find it difficult in today's society to like the same sex when others tell me it is wrong, even though I now KNOW it is a part of who I am, it is NOT wrong, and that it IS a part of Gods plan for me. But please know this. We are no different to anyone else because we all bleed the same. We may like the same sex, but we all deserve unconditional love, and love is referenced over 2,000 times in the bible. We are God's children and we can set an example.

There were a few awesome things I read about in my "REFUEL" student bible last night, and it helped me somewhat to cope with the real world and the haters – and that is this.

People will insult you and hurt you. They will lie and say all kings of evil things about you because you follow me. But when they do, you will be happy. People did the same evil things to the prophets who lived before you.

So in a way, it is like we are being persecuted as Jesus was back in his day. This is definitely no easy feat, and it will take a huge amount of courage and support from all of us to deal with this amount of hate on a daily basis, but in a way I personally feel privileged and honoured to have such a burden, as it will only make me stronger and allow me to get closer to God.

Here are a few more quotes I took to heart from reading my student bible last night on this very topic I still struggle with.

Jesus says don't hide who you are. Don't put your light under a basket where others can't see it. Go boldly into the world and give 'em Jesus. You are bound to change the place where you are when others see Jesus in you.

Do to others what you want them to do to you. This is the meaning of the law of Moses and the teaching of the prophets.

But I say to you, love your enemies. Pray for those who hurt you. If you do this, you will be true children of your Father in heaven. He causes the sun to rise on good people and on evil people, and he sends rain to those who do right and to those who do wrong. If you love only the people who love you, you will get no reward.

Now I can't find this certain phrase (and I don't know why I didn't underline it last night) but it basically said "I send you out as sheep amongst the wolves". To me this struck a cord with me in terms of haters. We are the innocent sheep, and the others who do not understand are the wolves. There will be times where they hurt us, but we need to stay strong, pray for them, and we will overcome them.

Another thing too I noticed was that once someone is filled with the Holy Spirit, you become A LOT stronger. I myself have told my parents I want to be baptized soon to be able to hear God daily, and become even stronger as a human being. Why should Christians get baptized? Because Jesus did!

In Acts 1:8, it says

"But when the Holy Spirit comes to you, you will receive power".

We don't need to depend on our own strength and ability. God makes unlimited strength and power available to us through his Holy Spirit.

I don't know about you, but that sounds good to me 😛 I will need as much strength and courage to deal with the wolves of this world.

Anywho I hope that helped. It did for me last night. 🙂

Keep strong, peace and grace to you, and God bless,

Jordan

Page: 1

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.033 seconds.