Forums

How to tell US Preachers to Stop Meddling in Africa and creating a climate of fear and hate = murder

Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 29, 2011, 14:48

Stop exporting hate in the name of religion!

A Ugandan gay rights advocate was bludgeoned to death in his home this week. His name had been among those listed in an anti-gay magazine, under the headline “Hang them!”

Right-wing U.S. extremists have fuelled a climate of hatred in Uganda – and it’s got to stop.

* A few months before a bill was introduced in Uganda that would make homosexuality punishable by death, Scott Lively and two other anti-gay ministers from America held an anti-gay conference in Uganda.

* Prominent right-wing leader Lou Engle visited Uganda this year to preach against “the threat of homosexuality” (portrayed as a “satanic attack against families”) at a rally that focused on prayers for the bill.

* And now, Georgia-based pastor Carl Ellis Jenkins is opening 50 new churches in Uganda that exist to preach against “bad morals, including homosexuality” and they’re expanding across East Africa.

Stoking fires of hostility isn’t religion – it’s blasphemy. Tell Lou Engle, Scott Lively, and Carl Ellis Jenkins to stop exporting hate in the name of religion.

To tell Lou, Scott and Carl that what they have done is wrong please sign the petition here

.Stop exporting hate in the name of religion

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
January 29, 2011, 15:21

Petition signed.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Mr Summit
Chapter Leader
Joined in 2010
January 29, 2011, 15:23

Also done. I hope common sense will prevail.

Boi70

Joined in 2007
January 30, 2011, 13:21

Petition signed too.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 30, 2011, 17:41

if you would like more background on this you can read my June 2010 blog entry Oooooops……we meant you to cure them……. not kill them.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 30, 2011, 17:43

CAN YOU PLEASE FACEBOOK AND TWEET THIS PAGE

thanks.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 30, 2011, 21:22

I signed the petition and posted the HRC page on my facebook.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
January 30, 2011, 22:36

thanks Myfanwe

RaulG

Joined in 2010
January 31, 2011, 05:22

Querido Familia,

Signed.

I really can’t stand for this. With all the good work other churches of the Faith are doing in Africa (AIDS clinics, Sex Ed., Free Kitchens, Peace work, etc), why do these clowns have to come into town only offering their own misinterpretations of the gospel? Why can’t they serve the people like the Episcopalian, Presbyterian, and other churches are doing in the continent?

Headache…

Yours In Christ,

Raul

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
January 31, 2011, 09:50

RaulG!

It’s good to ‘see’ you! Have you been on vacation? I haven’t seen your loving presence around here for a little while.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.073 seconds.