Forums

I have hatemail!

Page:   1 2

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
October 26, 2009, 16:18

Does that mean I have ‘arrived’?

Wow, did I cop a comment and a half on my blog this morning…I am still shaking from the impact of it. 😆

I replied and I endeavoured to be gracious, but boy…it was hard.

Check it out! http://myfanwe.xanga.com/

😯 😕

sman

Joined in 2009
October 26, 2009, 18:07

Yay! Welcome to the club. I shook when I received many emails about how demonic I am or how I am the reason so many people leave churches. It hurts and it makes us think “How can people be like this?”. I put it down to this, the enemy wants us to live in shame and hate ourselves. Tearing us further apart from the real true God who loves us.

You did a great job in response, keeping calm and being honest is the best way. I had to delete many friends off Facebook because I received many horrible comment, emails and texts. Thanks for sharing it makes me feel like Im not alone. (Im sure there is more of us that have gone through this)

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
October 26, 2009, 18:53

Thank you Shane for your encouragement and sense of camaraderie. I was taken by surprise by the comment that’s for sure. I think it is because I have ‘stuck my head up’ recently on my blog and dared to claim salvation grace for myself. hmmmm where’s the problem, I wonder?

My dad used to say to me when I was a kid “Any time you stick your head up, expect to have it shot off!”

That was his way of warning me to choose my battles. Well, based on what I read this morning in my quiet time, I can’t not choose this battle.

I was praying about an email I am going to send to the pastor of a local AOG church and wondering if I should send it, or just keep my mouth shut when I opened my Bible and found this looking me in the face:

Speak up for the people who have no voice,

for the rights of all the down and outers.

Speak out for justice!

Stand up for the poor and destitute!”

Proverbs 31:8-9 (The Message)

It was literally only a half hour after reading that, and resolving that I will send that email, that the bullets started flying on my blog!

Amazing… 😯

sman

Joined in 2009
October 26, 2009, 19:03

I know… what is the problem with claiming salvation grace? NOTHING.

I am always shocked how Christians spend more time tearing down other christians and not enough time building up and loving those who dont know God. I left my last church because everything was about the church and problems they had with fellow believers and not enough time feeding the poor… helping the hurting… reaching out a hand of love to the lonely.

Be brave about sending your email to the AOG pastor. God seems to be taking you on an amazing journey.

Anyways… Thanks for being open and honest. I love this site so much because where else can you connect with so many different people from around Australia.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 26, 2009, 23:33

they are sad…..a poor excuse as a representative of a loving God.

those who are genuinely inquiring I give time to these days…..those who preach and quote scriptures out of context……or with obviously no knowledge of the culture or historical contexts I dont waste time engaging with. They bring the wrong energy with them.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
October 27, 2009, 00:35

Yeah, you’re right, Anthony. Still if someone walked into my house and smacked me in the face, I’d defend myself. I felt that this person had done something akin to that on my blog which is my home on the net, so I defended myself from her. It’s not something I go looking for anymore though.

I just sent off that email to Ps. R at the local AOG.

I will keep people posted.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 27, 2009, 01:06

cool……as you probably know I’ve very graciously communicated with people in the past who opposed me. Now I just ignore them. They usually dont like that…..hehe.

orfeo

Joined in 2007
October 27, 2009, 12:49

It was literally only a half hour after reading that, and resolving that I will send that email, that the bullets started flying on my blog!

Amazing… 😯

Sounds like spiritual warfare to me, frankly…

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
October 27, 2009, 12:57

must be lunch time for Orfeo 😆 😆 😆

Shane Cathcart
Event Coordinator
Joined in 2009
October 27, 2009, 18:20

That’s a really hard thing to go through, sorry to hear about that. But just remember for every one person who is like that there are 9 others who support you. Heaps of love.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.054 seconds.