Forums

I'm a 17 year old gay male, out to one person, miserable.

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

HydeLeach

Joined in 2009
November 4, 2009, 10:06

And she’s back. Here goes.

HydeLeach

Joined in 2009
November 4, 2009, 13:06

She hadn’t been talking to me because she was gone for dinner.

She was sad because her concert was cancelled.

Either this is true, or she lied.

Either way, nothing happened. Plan A is still in order, I guess.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 4, 2009, 18:19

Hi Guys

If it’s OK can I interject? 🙂

There have been some great comments here.

I would just like to add one thing. Hyde, can you ask yourself ahead of time how you will manage if the response is negative (to your coming out)? What supports will there be? Does that person’s opinion matter that much? Who can you talk to etc?

And of course, that leads onto the importance of building up the support network sufficiently so it doesn’t matter what their response is. (as Getting there has said)

Others have the right to respond as they do but you have the right to feel safe and avoid potential abuse where you can.

Thinking of you and wishing you well,

Ann Maree

gettingthere

Joined in 2008
November 4, 2009, 21:11

OUCH. Sorry to hear that, man. 🙁 Don’t worry… it’s not a defeat, just a postponement. Perhaps it’s for the best that it doesn’t happen this way? Well, Plan A is back in action. Will definitely be praying for you. 🙂

HydeLeach

Joined in 2009
November 5, 2009, 08:21

Hi Guys

If it’s OK can I interject? 🙂

There have been some great comments here.

I would just like to add one thing. Hyde, can you ask yourself ahead of time how you will manage if the response is negative (to your coming out)? What supports will there be? Does that person’s opinion matter that much? Who can you talk to etc?

And of course, that leads onto the importance of building up the support network sufficiently so it doesn’t matter what their response is. (as Getting there has said)

Others have the right to respond as they do but you have the right to feel safe and avoid potential abuse where you can.

Thinking of you and wishing you well,

Ann Maree

Hey, I guess I never really thought about recieving a very negative response from anyone but my family. I fear if I recieved a negative response from someone, I would make sure they knew I was angry, instead of respecting their decision.

The friends I have that are girls are all very embracing, and if I recieved a negative response from one of them, I have one I have already told that I could fall back on. But this brings forth avb’s recommendation of high risk, medium risk, and low risk. I should tell the low risks first, before I even consider telling medium risks, for the sake of friends to fall back on.

I have fewer guy friends than I do girl friends, and I’m pretty sure one of my guy friends is gay. That being said, allow me to clarify I have no feelings for him, we are just friends.

As a result of this assumption, I suspect he would take it well. But I still don’t want to tell him yet.

Whether it was God elminating the opportunity or not, I’m thankful nothing happened on msn last night. I’ve got one more very low risk person I want to tell before I tell anyone else, so I don’t have to come crashing down on one person should I recieve a verbal knife to the chest from someone else.

I’d also come running to this forum if something bad happened. Thanks for helping me through this!

4JC

Joined in 2007
November 5, 2009, 08:43

Just take your time bro. Don’t feel pushed to tell people.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
November 5, 2009, 11:54

Hi Hyde

Yes the low, medium and high risk concept is excellent as with starting with low when divulging to others. Good one, AVB.

I also think it’s not a race and so agree with 4JC that you take your time.

And remember that expressing anger may not always help either your case or the other person to come around to the idea. (But of course, it all depends on the individual circumstances and how it’s expressed). Think what it might gain you to be angry before you speak/act.

Thinking of you and wishing all the best,

Ann Maree

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 5, 2009, 12:38

most people begin with the low risk first……this builds confidence and a support network around you so that when you get to the high risk…..if anything should happen then it is not as devastating as you know you are ok and that you are surrounded by people who love you.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
November 5, 2009, 12:40

did I mention also that another principle is……work out before hand how much you plan to disclose to each group……some it might simply be…..I’m gay……others you might share the whole torturous story to.

HydeLeach

Joined in 2009
November 5, 2009, 14:30

did I mention also that another principle is……work out before hand how much you plan to disclose to each group……some it might simply be…..I’m gay……others you might share the whole torturous story to.

That’s true, I guess it’s a good thing I haven’t come out to more people yet, so I can get everything sorted out.

As I’ve said prior, I’ve only told one person, and they did indeed get the whole torturous story. I believe the other person I wish to tell (my other best friend) will be curious of the story as well. I am not worried as to how they will accept the fact I am gay.

But yes, not everyone will want to hear the story, and I will probably less inclined to say it the more and more people I tell. I feel that right now I am so quick to tell people not only because the torturous story is not fully over, but because deep down I think I feel inclined to defend myself. And, probably also, I’ve had the same friends all through my life since the story began, and they’ve seen my hit very low points without without me ever telling them why, so I explain everything.

I guess I can’t be sure which of these points creates my desire to spill the story, but yes, I am sure the desire will become less prominent as time goes on. Is this indeed the case?

Love you guys,

Hyde

Page:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.115 seconds.