Forums

Important LGB Research - all ages - faith and non faith backgrounds

Page:   1 2

da_bibs

Joined in 2010
December 2, 2010, 22:27

This research project has met the criteria of Freedom 2 b[e] and been approved by the board to be posted on this website.

Hi everybody!!

Great to finally be on the forums.

I’m currently conducting research exploring the experiences of both religious and non-religious LGB/Same-sex attracted persons (or however else you identify). Am I being a pain by asking for your help in research?? Maybe. But at the end of the day, research brings change, moves us forward, and in some instances can both save, and improve the quality of, many lives. This is why I conduct such research. But for research to be valid and informative, there needs to be a good range of people taking part.

One of the MAJOR PROBLEMS preventing much LGB research from getting off the ground in the past is how difficult it is to access LGB participants, especially those who are not part of easily identifiable LGB community groups. Yet together, many of us are connected to LGB (or same-sex attracted) persons who may not normally be reachable, but who may be quite willing to take part.

So I invite you to PLEASE help out with this research, by first telling me about your own experiences as an LGB/SSA person where applicable, and by inviting your networks to do the same. SEE BELOW.

Knowledge brings change and awareness. I hope you can help to make a difference by taking part.

Babucarr.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Understanding the Diverse Experiences of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Same-Sex Attracted Persons

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Same-Sex Attracted

Your EXPERIENCES are IMPORTANT to us! Our research seeks to UNDERSTAND the journeys and challenges for both RELIGIOUS and NON-RELIGIOUS LGB/Same-Sex Attracted adults in Australia.

Participate in an ANONYMOUS and CONFIDENTIAL online survey requiring up to 30 MIN of your time. To say thanks, you will be entered into a PRIZE DRAW for your chance to win 1 OF 4 double movie passes. GET STARTED by going to the link below to share your experiences [or email [email protected] for more information].

http://macquariehs.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_87ByrPwbhu43txG&source=f2b

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 3, 2010, 01:35

just to let everyone know Babucarr has been approved by the Freedom 2 b[e] board to post here about his research.

I encourage you to participate.

Myfanwe

Joined in 2007
December 3, 2010, 01:58

Thanks AVB.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 3, 2010, 02:19

your up late too Myfanwe……its 2.18 down here…..1:18am for you up there.

I am off to bed…..enough emails and posting for one day.

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
December 3, 2010, 15:50

Done Bibs…..some interesting questions there.

I have also tweeted and facebooked this. If others have friends on FB that this would be relevant to then I suggest you do the same.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 8, 2011, 08:17

Also done and put on facebook.

For everyone else, please complete the survey if you haven’t already. It closes at the end of this week.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

da_bibs

Joined in 2010
February 8, 2011, 13:27

Thanks everybody, keep it up!

Your participation has been highly valuable and informative in assisting with this research, and your spreading the word has been terrific! Well done Freedom2b[e]!

Babucarr

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 8, 2011, 13:39

Hi Babucarr

Just wondering if you have left out trans and intersex people deliberately as they’re not mentioned in your initial description.

That said, you’ve catered for this part of the population by including the gender variants in the first question. This is really good to see and a clear reflection of the fact that gender is often not the clear black and white domain that people tend to think. Thank you!

Blessings,

Ann Maree

da_bibs

Joined in 2010
February 10, 2011, 11:37

Ann Maree,

Thanks for your encouragement, and yes, this survey is less for trans and intersex persons only because such populations have their own unique variance and their own unique social issues. Whilst gays and lesbians and bisexuals (to use labels) are nowhere near exactly alike, they share enough commonality in their same-sex attraction to be studied together at this point in the research. However, being aware that this research is going out to a wide variety of persons all over Australia, it is important to still recognise that trans and intersex persons will take part (hence the gender questions) and that even some LGB persons may also be questioning their gender identity simultaneously.

Once again thanks for your input and for taking part, a few days left to go!!

Babucarr

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
February 10, 2011, 11:43

Hi Baucarr

Thanks for clarifying so well. That makes sense.

All the best with the research.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.056 seconds.