Forums

Important LGB Research - all ages - faith and non faith backgrounds

Page:   1 2

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 10, 2011, 23:49

Ann Maree,

Thanks for your encouragement, and yes, this survey is less for trans and intersex persons only because such populations have their own unique variance and their own unique social issues. Whilst gays and lesbians and bisexuals (to use labels) are nowhere near exactly alike, they share enough commonality in their same-sex attraction to be studied together at this point in the research. However, being aware that this research is going out to a wide variety of persons all over Australia, it is important to still recognise that trans and intersex persons will take part (hence the gender questions) and that even some LGB persons may also be questioning their gender identity simultaneously.

Once again thanks for your input and for taking part, a few days left to go!!

Babucarr

well done Bibs……in some research it is important to focus on one issue…..eg sexual orientation….and not gender diversity…..or….what would i say about intersex…..its a whole different issue to sexual orientation and gender diversity.

whilst there are some similar issues….eg rejection

there are many which are different….eg physical….emotional……brain wiring….

thank god i am more educated about this these days than i was………one day I knew nothin’ about me….or anyone else for that matter.

da_bibs

Joined in 2010
February 13, 2011, 16:31

Hi F2Bers…

Just a final note to remind everyone that the current research survey will no longer be accessible after tonight. By midnight, the survey link will be deactivated.

Thank you all for your responses and interest!

Babucarr

Anthony Venn-Brown

Joined in 2005
February 15, 2011, 23:48

glad we could be of help Bibs……looking forward to seeing your findings.

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.077 seconds.