Forums

Is it just me?

Page:   1 2

RQC

Joined in 2012
September 25, 2012, 04:19

It's a date Ann Maree. Ever see "Lianna?" It's a little dated, but a very tender movie.

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 25, 2012, 18:28

Hi RQC

No I don't recall seeing Lianna but it sounds good. Shame you're so far away or we could catch up for coffee and a movie! 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
September 25, 2012, 20:35

Shelter is a really nice romantic movie about two young gay men.

Save Me is another movie worth watching. It is powerful and moving with romantic elements.

This is also a good list here: http://www.afterelton.com/movies/2010/9/favorite-gay-films

HillsBen
Youth Coordinator
Joined in 2008
September 25, 2012, 20:36

Ann Maree, I'll have to watch some of those lesbian movies you mentioned. 🙂

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 25, 2012, 21:06

Hi Ben

It's nice to know that some of you guys are interested in les movies too. 🙂 I wanted to see Shelter and Save Me but haven't as yet. I heard they're good from others too. 🙂

Thanks for sharing. We're establishing a nice catalogue of film recommendations here, aren't we? 🙂

Blessings,

Ann Maree

J

Joined in 2012
September 26, 2012, 21:44

Thanks for those Ben! I watched Save Me about a week ago I think, it was such a great movie. I was waiting for the main character (the blonde guy, can't remember his name for the life of me) for so long to wake up and move out of the nuthouse for the guy he wanted to be with so much.

Tonight I just watched 'Defying Gravity'. Amazing movie, and so sweet @ the end (never used to be into romance movies but ever since I came out to my parents I've been looking for a really good gay themed one lol, and this one was so heart warming). Will watch Shelter next as I heard it's really good and highly recommended so many thanks for that!

@Ann. Agreed! I love hearing about movies people have seen and their recommendations 😀

Edit: Here's the defying gravity trailer. Btw how do you guys embed videos on the thread? I can't seem to find the button for it 🙁

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuL5YfbpoX0

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 26, 2012, 22:09

Hi Jordan

With regard to how to embed videos into the site, good question. Sometimes it works for me and other times only the link comes up. I'll be interested to know too.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

J

Joined in 2012
September 27, 2012, 00:12

Hmm that really is strange :O embedding videos never seems to work for me 🙁

Hopefully one day maybe there could be a button for 'media' which embeds YouTube videos and stuff? It's probably a big task though, so not sure if it's a possibility. Would be great though.

Just finished watching Shelter. Man the sister took the main character guy for granted, so many times I wanted to slap her lol, the main guy took so much crap from her but he did it because she was family. Such a sweet guy <3 it was a really nice movie, though I think I prefer Defying Gravity over Shelter. It's strange because I've heard so many people say Shelter is their #1 favourite gay themed movie, I suppose we all have different tastes & favourites I guess.

I think Prayers for Bobby would be my #1 gay themed movie of all time (atleast for now anyway). Followed by Defying Gravity in 2nd place. It will no doubt change in time as I watch more movies though. For now, I better get to bed, so late here 😛

Ann Maree

Joined in 2008
September 27, 2012, 07:30

Jordan, why don't you send a PM to Chris, our webmeister? He'll know about embedding vid's.

Blessings,

Ann Maree

J

Joined in 2012
September 27, 2012, 08:45

Sweet idea, I'll do that now 😀 Thanks Ann!

Page:   1 2

WP Forum Server by ForumPress | LucidCrew
Version: 99.9; Page loaded in: 0.06 seconds.